Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BREAKING VIDEO] MAYWEATHER: "I WILL SLAP THE **** out OF MCGREGOR when I SEE HIM!!!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Did any of those men compete in the mainly sport known as MMA, knocking out guys in 1 or 2 rounds? The answer is no, they did not. McGregor is a whole different type of adversary than anything Floyd has ever encountered.

Just look at you - You previously had an avatar of Floyd, and now have replaced it with one of Conor instead. That says it all, really.
    LOL an avatar means nothing. Floyd and Conor are two of my favorite fighters to watch but Floyd s far more accomplished than Conor is. That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      it sounded like that was exactly what you were doing. yeah mcgtegor wouldnt land a glove on floyd in boxing and conor would annihilate floyd in ufc or a streetfight. Just pisses me off on this site cause people think they are such a cool, traditional, knowledgable boxing fan when they start slating mma for the sake of it.Had someone calling me the worlds biggest moron cause i said mcgregor would beat golovkin in a street fight as if i was the crazy one. Fact is theres a reason UFC is growing so much more popular cause its capitalising on the deficiencies that modern day boxing has. Boxings starting to look like its old fusty cousin whilst ufc is modern and exciting. Dont get me wrong im a way way bigger fan of boxing as i prefer the actual sport, two people throwing leather, but the way the ufc is organised is far better for the fans currently thats for sure
      just because that was the way you interpreted what I typed does not mean that's the context It given to you in.

I couldn't care less how "popular" ufc is...its a pub...beer lounge event..boxing isn't going anywhere and UFC wouldn't be here if not for boxing and martial arts.

Comment

The idea of Mayweather trying to walk up to Mcgregor face to face and trying to slap him amuses me.

He would see the light in under 15 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          just because that was the way you interpreted what I typed does not mean that's the context It given to you in.

I couldn't care less how "popular" ufc is...its a pub...beer lounge event..boxing isn't going anywhere and UFC wouldn't be here if not for boxing and martial arts.
          fair enough my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            For a man who squared off with Oscar De La Hoya, Shane Mosley, Miguel Cotto, and Pacquiao I doubt he fears McGregor
            in a street fight mc gregor hurts payweather permantley unless he just runs away. he could beat him in a ring with a friendly ref not in the street

Comment

LOL an avatar means nothing. Floyd and Conor are two of my favorite fighters to watch but Floyd s far more accomplished than Conor is. That's a fact.
              For now. Wait till Conor is pushing 40 and retired and then let's compare their careers. Conor is already bigger than Floyd was when he was the same age, and he's only one title win away from equaling his five weight class division accmplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
                For now. Wait till Conor is pushing 40 and retired and then let's compare their careers. Conor is already bigger than Floyd was when he was the same age, and he's only one title win away from equaling his five weight class division accmplishment.
                Conor is bigger because he has the most powerful promotional company behind him in the UFC. After Ronda Rousey had her head nearly kicked off they jumped onto the McGregor bandwagon. Conor has never defended a title and already has amassed three losses while he's still in his prime. Just imagine when he is passed his prime. Conor hasn't even had the longest undefeated streak in the UFC, that title still belongs to Anderson Silva.

He's a good fighter and a great promoter but he is not a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                  in a street fight mc gregor hurts payweather permantley unless he just runs away. he could beat him in a ring with a friendly ref not in the street
                  Conor once told a story about how he got into a fist fight with his dad in his early 20s and his and his own dad kicked his ass. So im sure May isnt worried.

Comment

Conor is bigger because he has the most powerful promotional company behind him in the UFC. After Ronda Rousey had her head nearly kicked off they jumped onto the McGregor bandwagon. Conor has never defended a title and already has amassed three losses while he's still in his prime. Just imagine when he is passed his prime. Conor hasn't even had the longest undefeated streak in the UFC, that title still belongs to Anderson Silva.

He's a good fighter and a great promoter but he is not a great fighter.
                    Just because the UFC promotes you as a star doesn't guarantee that you'll become one. You can't just force people to gravitate towards you. Conor is an exciting fighter and an entertaining personality, that's why people love him. And he was already popular and gaining more and more attention even while Ronda was still undefeated.

As for his three losses, the first two were early in his career and the last one was when he jumped up to 170. MMA is a tough sport because of the several different disclipines and he's learned from every single loss. 21-3 is still an incredibly good record and he's still made 99% of his victories look easy. Funny you bring up Silva when he had not three but four losses in his prime before his long streak of victories began.

Comment

Conor McGregor fans seem to forget that Conor lost to a guy with a 19-10 record or something who took the fight on an 11 day notice while Conor had a full camp. This was under a year ago I believe...

What are even MMA fans doing here? isn't there a dedicated UFC forum somewhere on the internet?

Comment

Working...
                      X