Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why so ignorant to the Cotto-Kirkland PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so ignorant to the Cotto-Kirkland PPV?

Why so many here dont get it? Roc nation owes Cotto 15 million for 1 fight. What did you expect them to do? The only reason this fight is in texas is because jerry jones gave Roc Nation a 10 million fee for the fight so there was no possible way to get that fight on hbo because they need the ppv to atleast go even. Why not a better opponent? Well they tried for a year to get Marquez who would make a huge ppv fight and Marquez chicken out saying 147 or no fight even when Cotto said lets do 149. Bradley would ask for way more than they are playing kirkland and with what they owe cotto they cant pay bradley 5 million. The options were petterson or kirkland. Kirkland agreed to the 1 million pay day and the catchweight that sets the bar for atleast 200-250k on ppv at 70 + the jerry jones fee. All they need is to go even and not lose

fu.ck Cotto, you are a ****, fu.ck off diva.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
      fu.ck Cotto, you are a ****, fu.ck off diva.
      Enjoy your last days. Trump will soon deport you

Comment

LMAO it got real in this thread real quick

Idk, I'm sure there is an explanation for why they decided on this fight I just don't care to pay for this matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          Enjoy your last days. Trump will soon deport you
          I'm living in my pretty country

Cotto hahahaha that diva is a legend of us? hahahah a rican legend raped for Canelo hahahahahah !

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            LMAO it got real in this thread real quick

Idk, I'm sure there is an explanation for why they decided on this fight I just don't care to pay for this matchup.
            because he is a good rican, a *****, that is the reason.

Comment

Why so many here dont get it? Roc nation owes Cotto 15 million for 1 fight. What did you expect them to do? The only reason this fight is in texas is because jerry jones gave Roc Nation a 10 million fee for the fight so there was no possible way to get that fight on hbo because they need the ppv to atleast go even. Why not a better opponent? Well they tried for a year to get Marquez who would make a huge ppv fight and Marquez chicken out saying 147 or no fight even when Cotto said lets do 149. Bradley would ask for way more than they are playing kirkland and with what they owe cotto they cant pay bradley 5 million. The options were petterson or kirkland. Kirkland agreed to the 1 million pay day and the catchweight that sets the bar for atleast 200-250k on ppv at 70 + the jerry jones fee. All they need is to go even and not lose
              Will the fight make more with an HBO licensing fee or PPV revenue? And I'm shocked HBO would approve this for a PPV but not Pac/Vargas

Comment

lol stop hating, guys; like it or not, Cotto vs Kirkland is the most exciting fight in boxing's foreseeable future.

I don't disagree with the premise that Cotto should be fighting other elite fighters, but what can Roc Nation do if no other promoter wants to work with them (Top Rank, for example)?

Cotto wanted both Marquez and Bradley, but Top Rank wanted none of it. Not to mention that, beyond not wanting to do business with Roc Nation, Top Rank is still mad at Cotto for signing with Jay Z in the first place, which also adds to their reluctance.

At the end of the day, Cotto isn't as heavy as most guys, so he's obviously not going to let Kirkland pull off a "Canelo" easily by ballooning up to light heavyweight without any resistance. (We all know Kirkland will still balloon up, but a pound is a pound. It's one less pound that Kirkland can use for the "Canelo" tactic, so that's a smart move by Cotto. Let's not forget what Pacquiao made Cotto do, either.)

And, in any case, we can at the very least expect a Kirkland levels above the one we saw versus Canelo, due to addition of Wolfe as a trainer once again.

We can all hate the fight, but there's no denying it'll be worth watching.

Comment

cause its a **** fight

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                    lol stop hating, guys; like it or not, Cotto vs Kirkland is the most exciting fight in boxing's foreseeable future.

I don't disagree with the premise that Cotto should be fighting other elite fighters, but what can Roc Nation do if no other promoter wants to work with them (Top Rank, for example)?

Cotto wanted both Marquez and Bradley, but Top Rank wanted none of it. Not to mention that, beyond not wanting to do business with Roc Nation, Top Rank is still mad at Cotto for signing with Jay Z in the first place, which also adds to their reluctance.

At the end of the day, Cotto isn't as heavy as most guys, so he's obviously not going to let Kirkland pull off a "Canelo" easily by ballooning up to light heavyweight without any resistance. (We all know Kirkland will still balloon up, but a pound is a pound. It's one less pound that Kirkland can use for the "Canelo" tactic, so that's a smart move by Cotto. Let's not forget what Pacquiao made Cotto do, either.)

And, in any case, we can at the very least expect a Kirkland levels above the one we saw versus Canelo, due to addition of Wolfe as a trainer once again.

We can all hate the fight, but there's no denying it'll be worth watching.
                    Pathetic, shameless Ricans, .

Comment

Working...
                    X