• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    doesnt matter, you should be sure.

charlo wrecks hurd and lubin.
    Why should I be sure?

Hurd and Lubin are prospects and won't be fighting Charlo in their next fight.

But, come 2018 after they've gotten more experience under their belt, it's a pickem fight.

Lubin has shown the goods so far and so has Hurd.

Charlo is moving to 160 and I think Lubin might already be at 160. When the fight is signed and the time comes, I'll give my official breakdown for how the fight goes. Until then, I don't know.

BTW, I predicted Charlo to KO Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Absolutely. It would be very "Boxing Star" of him to screw around for 2 years and live off the new name. Guys like he, Loma, Crawford, Usyk, and other fresh stars need to strike while the iron is hot. The sport isn't going to support coddling any longer and the ratings show that.

I'd be majorly disappointed if he didn't go after it.
      Yeah I am getting tired of guys sitting on good or great wins. Bigger and better things are just waiting straight ahead. What most impressed me last night was his control of range. He kept Jrock reaching. Jrock was over extending his right hand over and over and I was saying it during the fight. Jrock paid for it in the end LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        I said "I don't know/ I'm not sure".

Do you know the difference between someone saying "Hurd/Lubin can beat Charlo" as oppose to "I'm not sure"?
        I'm not sure means you think those guys have a shot. Technically I guess everyone has a shot, right?

He just went thorough the same with Williams, now a guy even more unproven in Lubin you're not sure about? Charlo probably beats Lubin quicker than he did J-Rock. He's never even had a ten rounder yet.

Although I think he'll be a problem in a few years, not right now. PBC can't through him in with a monster like they did with Williams after fightimg can drivers for 5 years or the same thing will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
          I'm not sure means you think those guys have a shot. Technically I guess everyone has a shot, right?

He just went thorough the same with Williams, now a guy even more unproven in Lubin you're not sure about? Charlo probably beats Lubin quicker than he did J-Rock. He's never even had a ten rounder yet.

Although I think he'll be a problem in a few years, not right now. PBC can't through him in with a monster like they did with Williams after fightimg can drivers for 5 years or the same thing will happen.
          Ok, we get it. You have that much confidence in him; that's great.

I don't know; I'm not sure yet. We'll see

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            doesnt matter, you should be sure.

charlo wrecks hurd and lubin.
            Fights that I'm 100% sure about, I make threads on them. Charlo vs Williams/Trout are some that come to mind.

Hell, even Jacobs vs Quillin I was 100% sure about, so I spoke on it.

I'm not sure about this one just yet; is that ok?

Comment

He made a hell of a statement in what was supposed to be a close fight going in. Beautiful KO punch. Trout made clear Charlo was one of the best fighters at 154, and beating Williams like that puts him in the top 2-3 for sure.

Comment

I dont mean any harm but why was J-Rock so hyped?? he has beaten literally no one and was just a damn IBF mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                  I dont mean any harm but why was J-Rock so hyped?? he has beaten literally no one and was just a damn IBF mandatory
                  Just another in a long line of fighters with ridiculous hype based on beating bums.

World class fighters with good wins get picked apart, yet guys like this get pumped up.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    After that performance, he has two options. Either Andrade or GGG. All I hope for is that he stays active and not sit on this win too long. He needs to use this great performance as a springboard.

We see Lara out there wasting everyone's time. Charlo now has that meal ticket for stardom. He needs to use it.
                    Such is the huge flaw with all Haymon's fighters. Hopefully it doesn't happen to Jermall. This absolutely isn't a win he can sit on, and if he thinks this makes him a star, he's mistaken. It's a win that reveals the path to become a star, but he's not there.

Comment

I like him. I thought it was a good win. I think he is obviously too big for JMW. Id like to see him against Golovkin after he gets a fight or two at MW. I think he gives Golovkin some problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X