Mares came off a 16-month layoff to win, Walters blamed loss on 11-mo layoff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    The truth beside me. Sleeping comfortable for years too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
      who was a super featherweight fighting at welterweight the first time. he cheated him in the scales as well.
      This is true^^^^^^^

Comment

Every fighter is different, it also comes down to what the fuk they were doing during their layoffs. I remember Mikey Garcia saying during his layoff he was in the gym all the time sparring and staying in shape and he's looked good since his comeback.

Comment

Cuenca was coming off a layoff himself, and Lomachenko is also of a higher caliber than Cuellar. I still don't know if Mares will beat the other top fighters, but he definitely looked good last night.

Comment

cuellar last fight was in december last year, so they were both coming from longs layoff

Comment

if mares fought lomachenko he would have a bunch of excuses as to why he lost as well, although he prob would have gone down in a blaze of low blow glory against lomachenko

Comment

Never big on Cuellar but suspected he'd win this based on him being almost twice Mares' size quite literally.

Is this fight worth watching?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Part of that is because of his advanced age.

Wladimir was great to watch in his 20s and early 30s.
                  Back when he was getting KTFO..

Comment

I think lomenchenko is a higher caliber fighter than who mares fought. The last time Mares fought a fighter in that caliber that he got ko'd in the 2nd round

Comment

The layoff excuse is utter nonsense, the people saying Ward is still rust are absolutely talking out their backside.
                      I think it maybe depends on how well you treat your body and If you're still training, if you don't bloat up to 200lbs like BJS did it shouldn't be a problem, boxing is like riding a bike you don't simply forget the ins and outs of it a good solid training camp will sort a good boxer out but if you're burning 40lbs....

Comment

Working...
                      X