No announcement yet.

How has Ward gotten away with...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Ward hasn't fought illegally his entire career. He was dirty in the Kessler and Bika fights and a bunch of angry fans have never let it go. He hasn't fought dirty in any fight since. And considering how dirty a fighter Bika is, I don't blame Ward for fighting dirty back.

2 fights does not equal his entire career.
    100% agree with you.

Can't blame him for Kovalev fight either. Ward initiated the majority of the inside brawling & fighting, but Sergey was more than happy to oblige him. That's why the ref stopped trying to break them up after the 1st. They were both guilty of brawling.

Comment

Ward hasn't fought illegally his entire career. He was dirty in the Kessler and Bika fights and a bunch of angry fans have never let it go. He hasn't fought dirty in any fight since. And considering how dirty a fighter Bika is, I don't blame Ward for fighting dirty back.

2 fights does not equal his entire career.
      His entire style is illegal,you just pointed out two fights in which he got carried away. He normally isn't as egregious as he was in those Fights that you mentioned,but he's still awful and shows a blatant disregard for following the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
        To be fair and objective Ward does hold/grab/head butt too often. But ward tries to play the good person in front of the camera some people say.
        So insecure about the Brothers...

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Because I'm objective and you're not. My idols are from all races and all countries. Unlike your idols.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            100% agree with you.

Can't blame him for Kovalev fight either. Ward initiated the majority of the inside brawling & fighting, but Sergey was more than happy to oblige him. That's why the ref stopped trying to break them up after the 1st. They were both guilty of brawling.
            The Kovalev fight wasn't really dirty, either, on either side. A little rough, but on a perfectly acceptable level. Kovalev had a very good gameplan to lessen Ward's inside advantage, and Ward was good enough to make up for it a bit more later.

If we're seriously going to consider that dirty or illegal, then that's very unfair.
            Last edited by bojangles1987; 12-08-2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
              His entire style is illegal,you just pointed out two fights in which he got carried away. He normally isn't as egregious as he was in those Fights that you mentioned,but he's still awful and shows a blatant disregard for following the rules.
              How the hell is his style illegal?

He has fought well within the rules in every fight besides those two. Those are the only fights anyone ever points to when calling Ward dirty because they're the only examples of it. One which was inexcusable, and another where the other guy is known as a dirty fighter, so Ward responded. Other than that he always fights perfectly legal. He doesn't clinch a lot. He doesn't headbutt. He doesn't run. He just fights like anyone else does, but much better than almost anyone else.

Is it illegal to be better than 99% of the sport? Is that your beef here? Or are you so not used to a fighter who can fight inside that you think that is somehow illegal?

Comment

How the hell is his style illegal?

He has fought well within the rules in every fight besides those two. Those are the only fights anyone ever points to when calling Ward dirty because they're the only examples of it. One which was inexcusable, and another where the other guy is known as a dirty fighter, so Ward responded. Other than that he always fights perfectly legal. He doesn't clinch a lot. He doesn't headbutt. He doesn't run. He just fights like anyone else does, but much better than almost anyone else.

Is it illegal to be better than 99% of the sport? Is that your beef here? Or are you so not used to a fighter who can fight inside that you think that is somehow illegal?
                The second rule of Marquess of Queensbury states that no holding or wrestling is allowed. He violates this rule every single time that he steps into the ring. It's pretty black and white,it isn't subjective. It's the rules and he breaks them with a wreck less disregard for the sport and the rules that uphold the sport. He makes a spectical out of the sanctity of the sport and idiots like have no qualms, whatsoever. I may start a petition should he agree to fight Kovalev again. It isn't fair to opposing fighters or fans.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                  The second rule of Marquess of Queensbury states that no holding or wrestling is allowed. He violates this rule every single time that he steps into the ring. It's pretty black and white,it isn't subjective. It's the rules and he breaks them with a wreck less disregard for the sport and the rules that uphold the sport. He makes a spectical out of the sanctity of the sport and idiots like have no qualms, whatsoever. I may start a petition should he agree to fight Kovalev again. It isn't fair to opposing fighters or fans.
                  FFS, clinching has literally existed for the entire history of the sport. It is not illegal. It used to be much worse than it is now. Ward isn't even close to the worst clincher in the sport. He wasn't even the worst clincher in the Kovalev fight. Other than Kessler, he's never been much of a clincher at all.

If that's seriously your argument, than you're just bitter at him about something and I don't care what. Have fun with that. Using THIS to say Ward's style is illegal is like calling every fighter in the goddamn sport illegal.

Comment

FFS, clinching has literally existed for the entire history of the sport. It is not illegal. It used to be much worse than it is now. Ward isn't even close to the worst clincher in the sport. He wasn't even the worst clincher in the Kovalev fight. Other than Kessler, he's never been much of a clincher at all.

If that's seriously your argument, than you're just bitter at him about something and I don't care what. Have fun with that. Using THIS to say Ward's style is illegal is like calling every fighter in the goddamn sport illegal.
                    He wasn't clinching, he was wrestling/holding and leading with his head. If you want to delude yourself into believing that he fights by the rules then so be it,but in the back of your mind you'll always know that he is a cheater. I want you to name a worst wrestler in the sport,because off the top of my head there is in Wlad,Ward,Molina, and Alexander. I think Ward tops all of those guys with the other additional dirty crap that he pulls.

Comment

Cinching IS illegal. It appears in the rules. Excesive clinching. Google it.

Ward himself said it: "I got dirty..."

One of the main reasons why boxing is not selling these days is clinching/inside wrestling. It ruins the sport. You don't care as long as the man you root for is given the victory.

Comment

Working...
                      X