Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin has higher standards than any other fighter among fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's obvious to most. You know how many times I'm on the edge of making a thread with Floyd getting his head bounced off by Augustus and Corley to expose these Floyd ***ts and the apparent none existent defense of Golovkin? Golovkin has yet to get lit up as badly as the supposed greatest defensive fighter of all time has against a similar level.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
      Thats a possible reason why "son of Gift" ducked him
      if you truly are Mr Objective, this post makes you misinformed or stupid. Which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
        That's what happens when you're the best fighter in the sport. Higher standards. Same thing Mayweather went through for decades. Dude was always judged more harshly than Pac, become everyone knew that May was really better than Pac, admit it or not. Someone wins 4 rounds against Mayweather, and it turns into them being robbed. Same thing with GGG. He's the 1 p4p fighter right now, so he gets those burdens.
        So the "best fighter in the sport" has exactly ZERO quality wins? GTFOH!

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          That's because they are KO artists. Featherweight Pacquiao was still called a "Hypejob" or was still under the category of "X Fighter hype" timeline since 2001 all the way to 2008 till he finally beat Oscar Dela Hoya despite having one of the best resumes of all time. Same for GGG, he will keep knocking everyone out if it is Lara he will be called "The Little Guy killer" by beating a 154 fighter. If He beats Canelo, or perhaps Carl Froch in 168 they would give him credit.
          Major league difference, Pac had already fought a bunch of quality fighters before Oscar. g string? Not so much or truth be told, not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
            Thats a possible reason why "son of Gift" ducked him
            yea he ducked him to fight a bigger more dangerous kovalev lay off the sauce

Comment

His resume is still lacking some legit wins against quality fighters. We are too hard on Canelo, but at least he has solid wins against Lara and Trout. And at the age of 23 he fought Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                If you last more than 5 rounds against ggg and win 2 rounds and land an uppercut you've basically won the fight. No other fighter has this type of standard to hold up to. Mayweather throughout this career has lost many rounds and had close fights and looked subpar against average level fighters and everyone called it a masterpiece. Other come to mind like pavlik struggling with bums and being dropped, martinez being dropped by bums, hopkins going 12 with tomatoe cans, toney being out boxed twice by a 5 7 midget in montell griffin. GGG finishes everyone and hardly loses a round but if his opponent wins a round or goes more than 6 rounds everyone start saying how the other guy did such a great job. I don't think any fighter in the history of boxing has had this problem. If jacobs wins 2 rounds everyone will say ggg is a hypejob and jacobs is a great boxer and ggg got lucky. Those are the FACTS.
                I will add you to MEGA's list of GGG towel boys. I mean I get the criticisms are annoying but my goodness.

The font you used for this post should be called fellatiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                  If you last more than 5 rounds against ggg and win 2 rounds and land an uppercut you've basically won the fight. No other fighter has this type of standard to hold up to. Mayweather throughout this career has lost many rounds and had close fights and looked subpar against average level fighters and everyone called it a masterpiece. Other come to mind like pavlik struggling with bums and being dropped, martinez being dropped by bums, hopkins going 12 with tomatoe cans, toney being out boxed twice by a 5 7 midget in montell griffin. GGG finishes everyone and hardly loses a round but if his opponent wins a round or goes more than 6 rounds everyone start saying how the other guy did such a great job. I don't think any fighter in the history of boxing has had this problem. If jacobs wins 2 rounds everyone will say ggg is a hypejob and jacobs is a great boxer and ggg got lucky. Those are the FACTS.
                  ....if he was held at such a higher standard....

1)His fans and hbo wouldnt have to make excuses for his resume lacking top names

2)moving up 8 pounds is not some groundbreaking feat. Nigel Benn, Hearns, Leonard, Eubanks, Michael Nunn, many other former middleweight champions moved up with success. its not like people are asking him to move up to heavyweight

3) the man has 3 belts and only won 1 in the ring....thats not high standards, that callled charity...board room decisions

4) he didnt have to earn all his belts in the ring, he has 4 wins over champions in 35 fights....pretty pathetic for supposed top 3-4 p4p guy

5)how are the standards for him high when people accept no name opponents, welterweights, never wases, and one hit wonders as his opponents...if anything, the standard isnt high enough and he gets a pass on things his same fans expect out of other fighters

Comment

I see what ts is saying. Floiyd arguably lost to Castillo, yet is still great. GGG loses some rounds against brook, whilst breaking his eye socket and finishing him within 6 rounds yet is seen as exposed in that fight
                    The standards for GGG are insanely high. People would just liked Floyd to have fought brook.
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 12-07-2016, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                      So the "best fighter in the sport" has exactly ZERO quality wins? GTFOH!
                      bu bu bu they ducking doe.....translation: they'll stay put at 160...milk the hype train until a big fight comes up. HBO doesnt care who he fights, nor does k2.

he is not top ten p4p in my book....dude has all this hype and has not taken many risks.

its guys in their 20s with better resumes and less hype than this guy....Khan, Danny Garcia, Bud Crawford, Lomachenko, etc......pretty sad...but hey...they ducking doe....yea right...its called promoting and playing it save....risk:reward

Comment

Working...
                      X