Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs' Trainer: We're Ready To Take Gennady Golovkin's Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
    I went from loving the possibility of this fight to not even caring is it gets made or not. I don't care who's fault it is. It's bs like this that makes the sport of boxing look bad. This fight ain't happening if it does I'd be surprised.
    Reading this makes me realize I'm kinda in the same boat. I can't help but wonder if the long negotiation process and dragging this out has hurt any of the momentum they might have had going into negotiations. You know what they say, strike while the irons hot, and it seems a lot of people have started to cool.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
      Reading this makes me realize I'm kinda in the same boat. I can't help but wonder if the long negotiation process and dragging this out has hurt any of the momentum they might have had going into negotiations. You know what they say, strike while the irons hot, and it seems a lot of people have started to cool.
      I was never a fan of the fight. Jacobs seem to never wanted the fight so I was hoping GGG jump into the ring with someone with beliefs they can beat him.

I don't even think there's any momentum on Jacobs side. He beat Quillen in one round and what does he do? He wait 11 months to rematch someone that no one wanted to see the first time around. He's not exactly getting fans excited.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
        I pretty much gave up on this fight happening once it got moved off of december 10th. I just don't see it happening at a 75-25 split if it goes to purse bid and I'd be shocked if it doesn't go to purse bid. GGG lost that December date for nothing. BJS doesn't want it any time soon and Canelo is talking about September. Not getting this fight done hurts GGG in the short term unless an Andy Lee type guy steps up to the plate.
        I'm not sure why Eddie just doesn't offer Eubank the same deal he passed on. Maybe Eubank has given a resounding no?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          You seem to be saying that Loeffler doesn't really want GGG to fight Jacobs, and, in the same breath, criticising him for not being willing to pay Danny enough to lure him into taking the fight.

In what universe does that make sense?

LMAO, it means that "Loeffler doesn't really want GGG to fight Jacobs"..... because he seems unwilling "to pay Danny enough to lure him into taking the fight".

in what universe doesn't that make sense?
          Last edited by aboutfkntime; 12-06-2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

..... like Sanchez admitted, Golovkin has no interest in legacy, and he will not take a fight unless it happens on his terms.....

..... if Golovkin will not negotiate with superstars like Cotto/Canelo, then Jacobs won't get a fair deal.....

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              ..... like Sanchez admitted, Golovkin has no interest in legacy, and he will not take a fight unless it happens on his terms.....

..... if Golovkin will not negotiate with superstars like Cotto/Canelo, then Jacobs won't get a fair deal.....
              Just what do you consider a fair deal for a challenger who, in his last fight made 500k, couldnt sell out a ****ty little hall in backwater USA and nobody watched?

Comment

Translation in Boxing Speak

Translation: we plan on ducking Golovkin because he's too risky for the few million we are being offered. We know we'll get tons of backlash, but we are not getting KO'd for less than $5m and that's just it.

Jacobs thinks he's worth more than he is, and he doesn't want to get KO'd for a few million. He'll play along until purse bid, claim it's not enough, then go fight for 1m against Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  hopefully this fight happens, but looking unlikely now

it will go to purse-bid, Jacobs will vacate

and Tom Loeffler knew that would happen MONTHS ago

Golovkin will fight Heiland next, with stories of b,b,b,but.....
                  Hate to agree but unless Jacobs is willing to fight for less then $1.5 million this fight is off.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                    Translation: we plan on ducking Golovkin because he's too risky for the few million we are being offered. We know we'll get tons of backlash, but we are not getting KO'd for less than $5m and that's just it.

Jacobs thinks he's worth more than he is, and he doesn't want to get KO'd for a few million. He'll play along until purse bid, claim it's not enough, then go fight for 1m against Sergio.
                    FEW MILLION??? Get the FUK out of here you POS LIAR...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      FEW MILLION??? Get the FUK out of here you POS LIAR...
                      What is he being offered? I don't exactly know what GGG is offering Jacobs but you seem to know the exact amount. Can you enlighten us please?

Comment

Working...
                      X