No announcement yet.

Corrales not in the hall yet Gatti has been in for years died the same year WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
    corrales was most certainly ATG.......the guy beat Freitas in whats a great but so UNDERRATED win. it was a GREAT win for chico. boxing had a underrated fab 5 going on at the time with corrales, Casamayor, mayweather, castillo, Freitas.

corrales beat 3 of of the 4 in back and fourth wars. if you don't think those 5 names are a heavy heavy list I'd argue you're on crack. freitas himself after being knocked out by chico went on to win another world title beating Zahir Raheem after raheem had just totally trashed and schooled Erik Morales. NONE of you recognize that win from freitas & payed 0 attention to it.

chico's resume and accomplishment is what a hall of fame fighter is all about.
    Man your operation enhance mayweathers resume wont succeed...too many knowledgeable fans in the scene like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      If any Sacramento, Ca fighter gets in the Hall it shouldn't be Corrales. Tony the Tiger Lopez deserves it way more than Corrales does. Lopez was part of a Fight of the Year with his title win over Rocky Lockridge. Fought a draw with Hall of Famer Brian Mitchell. And was selected as a Comaback Fighter of the Year. He was in way more exciting fights than Corrales and won the title three times in multiple weights. So Tony the Tiger Lopez deserves it more the Corrales.

You just like Corrales because he fought your God Mayweather and it makes Mayweather look better in your eyes if Corrales is in the Hall. But Corrales who is a good fighter doesn't deserve it.

Tony the Tiger Lopez deserves it WAY more.

I remember Tony Lopez. He was pretty damn good. I was a big fan of Jorge Paez back then and was pissed Tony beat him in a really close fight. No robbery, though. I knew Paez lost.

Comment

you guys who think gatti only got in becuse of his death and his fights with micky ward are wrong. gatti was already one of the most exciting fighters of all time prior to his first fight with ward, which is one of the best fights ever.

most of you just weren't watching boxing at the time, and that's a fact.

and of course, TS lives the entirety of his life to felate floyd mayweather, a dude who doesnt even know he's alive. we all know why this thread was made.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
          corrales was most certainly ATG.......the guy beat Freitas in whats a great but so UNDERRATED win. it was a GREAT win for chico. boxing had a underrated fab 5 going on at the time with corrales, Casamayor, mayweather, castillo, Freitas.

corrales beat 3 of of the 4 in back and fourth wars. if you don't think those 5 names are a heavy heavy list I'd argue you're on crack. freitas himself after being knocked out by chico went on to win another world title beating Zahir Raheem after raheem had just totally trashed and schooled Erik Morales. NONE of you recognize that win from freitas & payed 0 attention to it.

chico's resume and accomplishment is what a hall of fame fighter is all about.
          lmfaaooo when did acelino freitas become a HOF or a ATG?

and more LMFAAOOO at corrales being an ATG lmfaaooo.

STOP
          IT.

stop trying to make fighters that floyd beat to be better than they really are in order to prop up floyd's greatness. stop being transparent. being in wars does not equal automatic hall of fame atg status.

to be a HOF, you have to posses hall of fame skills and have hall of fame resume.

to be an ATG, you have to have those things i mentioned and beat A FELLOW HOFer, other ATG.

what other HOF, ATG, (there is a difference between the two) that corrales beat?

that gatti beat?

Comment

A fighter like Gatti is a HoF'er maybe not because of his skill but also how he put the sport of boxing, the spirit of boxing, into pop culture. Gatti had a lot of flaws as a fighter as he lost to Angel Manfredy and Ivan Robinson (not exactly among the elites). But his style of fighting, his come from behind wins are stuff of legends that one would typically see in a movie, but he did it. He made people get off their couch and cheer.

That was Arturo Gatti. That's why he's in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
              A fighter like Gatti is a HoF'er maybe not because of his skill but also how he put the sport of boxing, the spirit of boxing, into pop culture. Gatti had a lot of flaws as a fighter as he lost to Angel Manfredy and Ivan Robinson (not exactly among the elites). But his style of fighting, his come from behind wins are stuff of legends that one would typically see in a movie, but he did it. He made people get off their couch and cheer.

That was Arturo Gatti. That's why he's in the Hall of Fame.
              when did those things you listed become prerequisites for induction into IBHOF?

Comment

Boxing Hall of fame = you gotta be famous and be somewhat good at boxing.

there is no strict prerequisites.(dont care what their official standards say) This isnt baseball. Being an abusive, wife beater isnt stopping anyone from being inducted either. i dont see why Corrales shouldnt be in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  when did those things you listed become prerequisites for induction into IBHOF?
                  He's in the Hall of Fame, ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                    Man your operation enhance mayweathers resume wont succeed...too many knowledgeable fans in the scene like myself.
                    i knew some idiot would bite the hook with that line

also.......i love how anyone who sees chicos resume and accomplishments is instantly grouped in as "mayweather lovers" talk the facts.....with chicos accomplishments how is he not a hall of fame fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                      lmfaaooo when did acelino freitas become a HOF or a ATG?

and more LMFAAOOO at corrales being an ATG lmfaaooo.

STOP
                      IT.

stop trying to make fighters that floyd beat to be better than they really are in order to prop up floyd's greatness. stop being transparent. being in wars does not equal automatic hall of fame atg status.

to be a HOF, you have to posses hall of fame skills and have hall of fame resume.

to be an ATG, you have to have those things i mentioned and beat A FELLOW HOFer, other ATG.

what other HOF, ATG, (there is a difference between the two) that corrales beat?

that gatti beat?

chico isn't a ATG.......he's ATG class but not ATG. i put that line in because i know it's the only way that nerds like yourself will reply to the bait. also i didn't say freitas was HOF or ATG. i said that he was a solid win for chico which adds to chicos case of being in the HOF. freitas, castillo, Casamayor, robert, are fights that lock him in the HOF for me. also i agree that gatti should be in the HOF. theres other things that lock you then just simply resume if you could believe it or not. the guy fought everyone and gave his lung in the ring each and everytime out. gave us great fight after great fight. you guys don't ****ing get it that gatti made up for his resume wins in GREAT fight after great fight. u have to take that into account.
                      Last edited by Godsfly; 12-10-2016, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X