Corrales not in the hall yet Gatti has been in for years died the same year WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    ^^^thanks bro!!! I stand corrected
    Lol np and I do agree with your main point.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
      Absolutely.

Castillo/Corrales is arguably the greatest fight of the 21st century. Super underrated

It's a shame he went out the way he did
      The fight is certainly not underrated unless you were talking about Chico being underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        The fight is certainly not underrated unless you were talking about Chico being underrated.
        chico is underrated because of the way he lost to mayweather, peoples disdain for mayweather.

People try to downplay how Good mayweather was because it makes Mayweathers career wins seem more impressive...its pretty pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          If Gatti didn't get in (we can all agree he shouldn't have been based solely on accomplishments) do you still think Chico would have a case?
          Your post got swerved like the matrix.

Corrales' resume is on the thin side for the HOF (passable, but far from a shoo-in). I wouldn't mind if he was inducted though. The fight with Castillo was nothing short of legendary.

Comment

chico is underrated because of the way he lost to mayweather, peoples disdain for mayweather.

People try to downplay how Good mayweather was because it makes Mayweathers career wins seem more impressive...its pretty pathetic
            So transparent

Comment

Gilberto Roman isn't even in and he was one of the greatest 115 pounders of all time....yet fools like Graziano who only beat one top middleweight is in....Johansson only beat machen and Patterson...the hall of fame is a joke nowadays
              Pretty much. Neither gatti or corrales are hof caliber fighters imo.

Comment

There are more than a few guys in the BHOF that I feel shouldn't be in so yea I think Corrales deserves to be in based on those lower hanging fruit guys + his key W's + the excitement he brought to fans. He just kinda seems like a guy who did enough to be in there to me, but for full disclosure I was a big Diego fan so I could be a little biased.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  Pretty much. Neither gatti or corrales are hof caliber fighters imo.
                  I can respect that, even though Corrales is more deserving than several inductees.

Comment

I can respect that, even though Corrales is more deserving than several inductees.
                    Yea...it's pretty subjective. If it's judged on merit and accomplishments, there's guys that don't necessarily belong in there...but gatti's popularity and great wars had a big impact on the sport, as well as corrales being involved in possibly the best fight ever along with his warriors mentality. I guess the question is, do fighters deserve to be hof'ers based on being involved in landmark moments in the sport? Like you said before...it's a bit of a popularity contest.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      Yea...it's pretty subjective. If it's judged on merit and accomplishments, there's guys that don't necessarily belong in there...but gatti's popularity and great wars had a big impact on the sport, as well as corrales being involved in possibly the best fight ever along with his warriors mentality. I guess the question is, do fighters deserve to be hof'ers based on being involved in landmark moments in the sport? Like you said before...it's a bit of a popularity contest.
                      chico wasn't a star but he embodied what it means to be a hall of famer...he never quit, gave his all, championship skills, exciting fights, world class skills, comeback wins

imo he should be a hall of famer.....that era from late 90s-2005 was one of the deepest eras ever at 130-135

Comment

Working...
                      X