No announcement yet.

Kov/SOG = success! GGG/Lemieux = flop!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
    Everyday you learn new things. Ward's last outing against Kov was a commercial success according to the same people who kept saying that GGG's PPV debut was a flop even though both fights did similar PPV-numbers according to the exact same source Kevin Iole.

Now, all of a sudden, foreign tv rights also play a role, although everyone and his dog know that GGG is far superior to Ward and Kov in that department.

I think racism was never so obvious.
    Ward-Kovalev did a reported $3.3m at the gate and another almost $11m on US PPV

Golovkin-Lemieux did an alleged $2m (no source other than Tom Loeffler has ever confirmed anything about the live event; the figure is likely inflated) and another $7.5m on PPV (if you actually believe what Loeffler has gone about telling to some in the press; actual number was likely closer to $6m, if that)

and that's without any mention of the international TV money or the event sponsorships.

Kovalev-Ward likely ends up bringing in double what Golovkin-Lemieux brought in, so to sit and try to call the events equal is ****ing foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      The fact that Golovkin fans see Ward (a guy they claim is a nobody) as a rival in his drawing power shows you how much of a draw Golovkin really is (he isn't).
      Golovkin is one of the two dancing partners of the biggest fight in boxing (Canelo vs Golovkin). Projection around 1 million PPV buys.

Ward vs his main rival (Kovalev) makes 160k.

I bet you must've been one of those calling Golovkin mr 97k or triple flop.

And no no one is seeing Ward as a drawing power rival (the fuck?) if you read carefully it was all started when they claimed Golovkin ppv had flopped, lost money, etc, when it wasn't true, by Ward fans. Ward is the one who probably made his promoter lose money.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        Golovkin is one of the two dancing partners of the biggest fight in boxing (Canelo vs Golovkin). Projection around 1 million PPV buys.

Ward vs his main rival (Kovalev) makes 160k.

I bet you must've been one of those calling Golovkin mr 97k or triple flop.
        We'll be calling him it again when the Jacobs PPV flops. Golovkin isn't a big draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          Ward is one of my favorite fighters but I know him and Golovkin are equal on how known they are to the casuals, Golovkin can sell out the forum arena and Ward can sell out the Oracle arena
          Are you actually being serious?

Comment

We'll be calling him it again when the Jacobs PPV flops. Golovkin isn't a big draw.
            The Golovkin Jacobs fight won't flop. It will be similar to GGG-Lemieux and Kovalev-Ward. The only difference is that the purses will be a bit lower than Kovalev-Ward.

It will sell something between 100 and 200k probably.

Yet again you fail to acknowledge that Golovkin "is no draw" but yet he's in the biggest fight in boxing. You can't be "no draw" and at the same time be in conversation for a 1 million PPV buys fight.

Ward just fought his biggest rival and sold 150k... you have nothing. You're a double faced stupid troll.
            Last edited by _Maxi; 12-06-2016, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              The Golovkin Jacobs fight won't flop. It will be similar to GGG-Lemieux and Kovalev-Ward. The only difference is that the purses will be a bit lower than Kovalev-Ward.

It will sell something between 100 and 200k probably.

Yet again you fail to acknowledge that Golovkin "is no draw" but yet he's in the biggest fight in boxing. You can't be "no draw" and at the same time be in conversation for a 1 million PPV buys fight.

Ward just fought his biggest rival and sold 150k... you have nothing.
              Of course you can look at Mayweather and Pacquiao's PPV histories. Plenty of fights that sold 1 mil and the opponent wasn't a big draw.

Comment

I don't see anyone claiming the Kovalev Ward PPV was a success, not a single Ward fan.... the numbers were disappointing. I was hoping it would get at least get to 250k.

I don't get why some of the GGG fans have to blatantly lie and misinform to make a point that doesn't exist. That is about as farcical as a thread can get.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Doesn't seem likely given the largely pro-Ward crowd reactions and SOG chants.

Regardless of who brang which fans in with them though the PPV numbers were not exciting. I wasn't expecting the PPV sales to be huge but dam 160k was definitely a modest showing.
                  Yup. Very evident when they 100% cheered the decision.

Comment

Of course you can look at Mayweather and Pacquiao's PPV histories. Plenty of fights that sold 1 mil and the opponent wasn't a big draw.
                    Mayweather & Pacquiao were averaging 1mil per fight, Canelo averages 300k per fight. Not the same at all, but you know that of course.

Comment

Ward can't sell **** without a dance partner. That's why he usually fights in Oakland in front of 6.000 people. Golovkin, on the other hand, can fight random top 10 guys and sell out MSG or the Forum. People love him, because he's entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X