Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best p4p fighter in terms of skills not accomplishments?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jorge Linares

Comment

Kinda funny list there buddy : you got Pac almost dead in the ring, Kovalev, Ward,Rigo been put down and almost out Lomachenko cant deal with that inside work and what the hell is Usyk doing there? But the man whos been consistently fighting top elite competition without hitting the mat since what 2008? getting close to 50-0 is not skilled..bwahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        I would agree, however, one thing that should count against Ward and his skills is that he has the worst right hand in the history of the sport amongst p4p fighters.
        Can't disagree there, not worst per say but it definitely needs some refining.

Comment

Lomachenko
          GGG
          Past prime Pacquiao
          Kovalev
          RG
          USYK
          Garcia
          Gamboa
          Terrence crawford
          Ward
          Bradley

Comment

GGG. One of the most technical boxers out there today. Footwork, jab, placement of punches, etc.

Comment

Rigondeaux

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                GGG. One of the most technical boxers out there today. Footwork, jab, placement of punches, etc.
                Don't forget his great def, how he eats uppercuts is a thing to behold.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  How do you know how good someones skills actually are until they face A class fighters?
                  That's what I've been saying forever but I feel like I'm shouting at a wall in here. Looking good against bums isn't better than looking ok and beating a top fighter. These people make P4P lists based on how good a boxer looks doing mitt work or heavy bag or sparring

Comment

In no particular order:

Terrence Crawford
                    Manny Pacquiao
                    Lomachenko
                    Usyk
                    GGG
                    Andre Ward
                    Kovalev
                    Rigondeaux
                    Gonzales

PS: Roman and GGG are great at doing what they do but they take a lot of hits so I am not 100% sure about their elite level skills. Kovalev and Loma go after their opponents but I don't see them getting squared up like that and getting blasted. So if physicality is a skill then Gonzales and GGG belong. If it wasn't for their physicality they can't do what they do simple as that
                    Ah, the eye test list! Yeah that's pretty much how I do it anyway, since there's absolutely no way of 'proving' this ish anyway despite the endless to and fro over resume. Funny enough you got almost exactly the same names as me.

Comment

will come down to what you consider "skill" to mean

In no particular order:

Terrence Crawford
                      Manny Pacquiao
                      Lomachenko
                      Usyk
                      GGG
                      Andre Ward
                      Kovalev
                      Rigondeaux
                      Gonzales

PS: Roman and GGG are great at doing what they do but they take a lot of hits so I am not 100% sure about their elite level skills. Kovalev and Loma go after their opponents but I don't see them getting squared up like that and getting blasted. So if physicality is a skill then Gonzales and GGG belong. If it wasn't for their physicality they can't do what they do simple as that
                      Not sure about you but "skill", to me, means all aspects of boxing; inside/outside, box/slug, working through the rough stuff, figuring out the adjustment when the plan falls apart, etc.

Not sure how some of these guys would handle the rough stuff, but Ward, Crawford, Lomachenko, Rigondeaux (whether he actually works well to the body is irrelevant; no different than Muhammad Ali, Rigo's craft is sharp enough that he's able to negate his opponent getting anywhere near his body to ask the question), and possibly Gonzalez (I haven't seen much of his fights) are the only names on your list that seem to check off all of the boxes [would add that Danny Garcia and Saul Alvarez seem to always get unfairly left out of these conversations, but that's another conversation; would add Carl Frampton too]

Comment

Working...
                      X