Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux threw 71 punches per round against Agbeko, Loma threw 61 against Walters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    You're right, but Nonito fighting Rigo showed he wasn't the same. Before Rigo he was already struggling with Vazquez and Mathebula. Unless he fought Arce or Nishioka people he had a huge size advantage he didnt look good. After Rigo he was losing the Darchinyan fight and went close with some guy Juarez.
    Rigo is as big as Arce, he had a huge size advantage over Rigo.

Comment

Let me get this straight. There is a reason networks, promoters etc etc are done with Rigo... Its not because hes black, like he claims. Not because hes cuban, not because he speaks spanish. Not because he beat Donaire. Not because hes in the smaller weight division. Its because when they put him vs easy opponent like that filipino guy on the undercard of Cotto and Alvarez he stunk the place out. People were bored out of their mind. So lets stop actling like its everybodys fault except Rigos. Hes a great fighter, but hes not a must watch tv type of fighter... Stop playing the victim. Loma is way more entertaining than Rigo. As for skills, we shall never know... Hope this fight gets made..

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        Ok, what about Loma's pity pat punches, should we discount them as well?
        Depends on how you describe pity pat. If they are just softer punches to mix up speed with the intention to land, then they are real punches.

Seriously, go watch the Rigo fight and look at what I'm talking about, these things were not punches, it was just doing this sort of pawing toward Agbeko but with no intention to land. There were about a foot short of Agbeko. I've always been a Rigo guy, look at my past. I think he is a top talent in the world. You're just way off on this thread.

This is the one fight that he was credited with all of these punches. If you look at his history, he always averages around what he threw in the Donaire fight, this is the one fight were he is throwing 2.5 times more than the amount of punches he usually averages per round. There is a reason, and it wasn't because he was extra aggressive in this fight.

Comment

Rigo is as big as Arce, he had a huge size advantage over Rigo.
          Rigo is wayyyyyy more skilled than Arce.. As u know...

Comment

Comparing a semi retired Agbeko to a prime young Walters is idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
              Depends on how you describe pity pat. If they are just softer punches to mix up speed with the intention to land, then they are real punches.

Seriously, go watch the Rigo fight and look at what I'm talking about, these things were not punches, it was just doing this sort of pawing toward Agbeko but with no intention to land. There were about a foot short of Agbeko. I've always been a Rigo guy, look at my past. I think he is a top talent in the world. You're just way off on this thread.

This is the one fight that he was credited with all of these punches. If you look at his history, he always averages around what he threw in the Donaire fight, this is the one fight were he is throwing 2.5 times more than the amount of punches he usually averages per round. There is a reason, and it wasn't because he was extra aggressive in this fight.
              A lot of Loma shots are range finding shots. Also let's not forget how many punches Loma threw against Garry Russel and Salido.

Loma excels throwing punches against fighters who shell up and his numbers drop almost by half against fighters that don't shell up. On the other hand, nobody opens up against Rigo and Rigo at his age is not gonna be a volume puncher. In the amateurs Rigo threw a ****load of punches. Donaire and Agbeko quit after the second, third round. Had they tried to actually win they would've been broken down or layed out. They just don't want to be embarrassed and hurt. The so-called Gremlin can actually punch really hard
              Last edited by pesticid; 12-03-2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

He didn't throw no punches against Agbeko doe

Agbeko threw 29 punches per round. Walters threw 37 punches per round.

People at NSB DKSAB

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...gbeko-compubox

http://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenk...-stats--111162
                Please tell me her name. That chick in the avi

Lookin for new jerk materials.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  Please tell me her name. That chick in the avi

Lookin for new jerk materials.
                  Don't know...google searched japanese or asian girl with a big booty and she popped up.

Comment

He didn't throw no punches against Agbeko doe

Agbeko threw 29 punches per round. Walters threw 37 punches per round.

People at NSB DKSAB

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...gbeko-compubox

http://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenk...-stats--111162

It's not just the punches thrown by rigo it's the fact he takes no risks and isstead carries his opponents when he doesn't have to. Rigo has speed, power and could throw punches in bunches but doesn't. He could have stepped it up against agbeko and put him away. he didn't. Same against Francisco. Those were big stages for
                    Rigo to shine, he chose to play it safe.
                    Can't later get upset when people don't want to watch.

Comment

Its probably only fair to compare recent opponents, against Dickens Rigo threw about 5 punches a round!

I'm a huge Rigo fan before you call me a hater, I just think his time has gone now, sadly...

Comment

Working...
                      X