No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: On Golovkin vs Jacobs "Strong chance it will be on HBO PPV"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    ggg-lemieux did 20k in new york. why wouldn't ggg-jacobs do similar?
    I doubt that idiot responds now after getting schooled. Nice work

Comment

• I mean, this is far from the worst PPV fight that can be made.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        I mean, this is far from the worst PPV fight that can be made.
        Especially if it gets Gonzalez-Cuadras II as a co-main, it'd probably be the best value American PPV card since Canelo-Cotto

All of a sudden people are ****ting on Jacobs like he's another Wade or Monroe. Who else gets criticised for facing their #1 contender?

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          Especially if it gets Gonzalez-Cuadras II as a co-main, it'd probably be the best value American PPV card since Canelo-Cotto

All of a sudden people are ****ting on Jacobs like he's another Wade or Monroe. Who else gets criticised for facing their #1 contender?
          That might sell it to me

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            ggg-lemieux did 20k in new york. why wouldn't ggg-jacobs do similar?
            Show me a link where it sold 20k seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post

It's still a mismatch, yet I'm sure it'll do 80k PPV buys half a million UK fans paid to watch their hero get his face sodomized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                Show me a link where it sold 20k seats.
                Dan Rafael has a blog on it, but ESPN is down at the moment. Here's Woods -
                The event sold out Madison Square Garden, becoming the top boxing seller since the Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito rematch in 2011; the show did a gate of over $2 million; the sponsorship moolah was more than ever before for Team 3G and the international rights fees weren’t chicken feed.
                http://www.ringtv.com/402473-golovkin-lemieux-a-flop-hardly/

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                  That'd be good. My problem is even though that's someone I'd want to see, it more than likely won't be anything other than an exhibition match. Gone are the days when the undercard fights had some significance to them just like the main fight. I want the whole card to be competitive and have some meaning to the fights.

Haha yeah it is. It'll probably be a disappointing card to say the least.

You guys have short memory, as many boxing fans seem to have.
                  I remember the #1 p4p and #1 most entertaining fighter frequenting GG's undercard list (apart from brook fight, as different promotion company).
                  I'd pay to see chocolatito alone, so GG and others are a bonus to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
                    You guys have short memory, as many boxing fans seem to have.
                    I remember the #1 p4p and #1 most entertaining fighter frequenting GG's undercard list (apart from brook fight, as different promotion company).
                    I'd pay to see chocolatito alone, so GG and others are a bonus to me.
                    Everyone remembers Roman being on his undercards. That's not what I'm getting at. Sure, you'd pay for Gonzalez alone, but for many of us, paying 60+ for one fight isn't cutting it anymore. Take UFC for example. They stack the **** out of their cards, with several fights having major significance for the division with a title at stake. A lot of fights on undercards tend to be a showcase fight of sorts in boxing nowadays. Now if Roman was facing Estrada, Inuoe, or someone like that, then I'm intrigued. Cuadras II seems fine though.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Well I'm a hardcore idiot boxing fan who sticks around despite everything wrong with the sport, and would probably pay for a double feature of Gonzalez-Cuadras and Golovkin-Jacobs. That doesn't make it PPV worthy,because there are very few (97K?) who would do the same.
                      Lol I appreciate the honesty.

Comment

Working...
                      X