Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Sergey Kovalev PPV Show Barely Cracked 160K Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    ouch

but im guilty...i went to my buddy's pad and he has this awesome streaming thing...no buffering, HD

sorry boxing, i've dished out thousands on you thru the years
    I commend you, my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Ok, I see what type of sh-t you are on. This is ******ed. Floyd made people watch him and the sport. He drove PPV sales for the 3 biggest selling PPV fights in the sport's history.

Perhaps if more people copied how he marketed himself then we'd have more interest in the sport.
      Even a bias Mayweather fan like yourself has to admit, the Pacquiao vs Mayweather did do major damage when it came casuals. Majority were turned off after watching that fight and PPV numbers have been down ever since.

Comment

• Who expected this to do well? Yeah we were all excited to see such a 50-50 fight from two elite, undefeated fighters, but nobody knows these guys outside of serious fight fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          I'm not sure a rematch happens if both sides took a substantial loss. Yeah they make more in a rematch, but do they break even for the rematch? Do they break even for the sum total of both fights? There's a chance the rematch puts them both deeper in the hole.

Good business might dictate they go back to sucking on HBO's tit with easy fights for moderate pay and hope to build interest in a future rematch. I hope to hell not.
          I can foresee a fight 3 in the making.

Comment

• So glad boxing is dead. This sport deserves it.

Comment

• Disappointing, but hardly surprising. I'd hoped it'd hit 250-300k.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                I commend you, my friend.

it felt pretty damn good tbh

we did that for PAC-Vargas too

i lol @ all these low ass numbers

put those ****ers on free HBO

Comment

• Probably worked out better for boxing as only hardcore fans would have paid for the fight, so it's better that only hardcore fans got to see the robbery decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
                    Even a bias Mayweather fan like yourself has to admit, the Pacquiao vs Mayweather did do major damage when it came casuals. Majority were turned off after watching that fight and PPV numbers have been down ever since.
                    The notion that Floyd/Manny would affect sales of other fights is nonsense. PPV numbers had to go down because the 2 top draws in the sport fought each other. There is not another compelling opponent.

Had the fight been ALi/Frazier 1 level, you think that would increase sales in fights without them? If so, why?

Boxing was supposedly dying and then Floyd set 3 new PPV sales records with ODH, Canelo and Manny. If we get another mega crossover star like Floyd, Tyson or ODH, and then great HOF stars for them to face like Tito, Manny and Holyfield I thnk you will see a growth in numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      If that's true, it's proof positive why boxing sucks. The fans would rather pay for garbage fights than an excellent one. Hope you all enjoyed watching two great fighters in the ring together, because it probably won't happen again for a while.

It didn't help that was 2 weeks after fans had paid for Manny-Vargas.

How many times have there been 2 PPV's in the same month?

Comment

Working...
                      X