• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Boxers Generally the Most Skilled Fighters

yes or no?

nope. there are levels.

Comment

Is Willie Monroe more skilled than GGG? Is Timothy Bradley more skilled than Manny Pacquiao?

Comment

The fighter who wins...wins..styles make fights

Comment

Generally yes. You can come up with a million examples like "what about Willie Monroe & GGG", as one of the many times the boxer wasn't up to the level of the puncher, but generally its true.

Mainly its the same reason I view MMA guys as superior to boxers in a fight. MMA guys have more weapons. Same thing with boxers vs punchers. Boxers have more ways to win than punchers...again on average &/or in general for those silly *****es that'll wanna come up with examples of various specific fights/fighters. Throw a 100 boxers in with 100 punchers or whatever style all of similar abilities & the boxers will win more fights is what I'm saying.
          Last edited by Eff Pandas; 11-27-2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Generally yes. You can come up with a million examples like "what about Willie Monroe & GGG", as one of the many times the boxer wasn't up to the level of the puncher.

Mainly its the same reason I view MMA guys as superior to boxers in a fight. MMA guys have more weapons. Same thing with boxers vs punchers. Boxers have more ways to win than punchers...again on average &/or in general for those silly *****es that'll wanna come up with examples of various specific fights/fighters. Throw a 100 boxers in with 100 punchers or whatever style all of similar abilities & the boxers will win more fights is what I'm saying.
            Sandy Saddler disagrees against Willie Pep.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Sandy Saddler disagrees against Willie Pep.
              That mfer is dead he isn't agreeing or disagreeing with a f#cking thing.

And again you can bring up a million f#cking fights, but in general boxers come out on top more often than they don't at all levels of the game is what I'm saying. I'm not talking about specific cats. Pure boxers have a superior style of fighting that wins fight cuz its more versatile + controls the action of the fight making the likelihood of them winning greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                That mfer is dead he isn't agreeing or disagreeing with a f#cking thing.

And again you can bring up a million f#cking fights, but in general boxers come out on top more often than they don't at all levels of the game is what I'm saying. I'm not talking about specific cats. Pure boxers have a superior style of fighting that wins fight cuz its more versatile + controls the action of the fight making the likelihood of them winning greater.
                I know what you are saying. They have more set of tools against a General fighter. But sometimes that doesn't translate to winning.

Try doing all that bobbign and weaving, footwork all the jazz against a Fighter like GGG. All he needs to do is to cut off the ring on you, and counters you with his left hook and all that fundamentals disappears.

Or an inside fighter, cuts off the ring on you and fights on the inside. Are you still be able to do the slick things on the insde?

Comment

It seems educated pressure is the most reliable way to fight master boxers.

Punchers get outmaneuvered and clowned.

Comment

Yes, but you have guys like Roy who throw a wrench in that with incredible athleticism. Golovkin with power. Ward with intelligence. Calzaghe with relentless output.

Comment

Working...
                    X