Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't ever compare Lomachenko to Roy Jones Jr....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King_ View Post
    Who wins tonight? Walters?
    i already made a prediction for the fight race baiter.......

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=724679

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
      i already made a prediction for the fight race baiter.......

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=724679

Comment

The comparisons should stop...

Roy's first seven fights, his opponents had a combined record of 95-67-6

Loma's first seven fights, his opponents had a combined record of 221-24-8

Loma's first seven fights include three current/former world champs and span two divisions.

And he's fighting another champ tonight...at the rate Loma is going, sure he might not have Roy's athletic gifts, who cares...hell end up a better overall boxer with a better resume.

Roy's career has more people he should have fought instead of those he did fight.

Comment

Lomachenko is athletic but he is extremely technical. Roy Jones Jr. is all about athleticism and explosiveness. He used his extreme athleticism to cover for his weaknesses and only started to lose when he slowed down. Both great fighters in their own right but I don't see why they are being compared or being seen as similar.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
            bait bro...........enjoy, bait.

Comment

It's because of threads like this one that most people think boxingscene is a crock of shit. And how could you blame them.

Comment

Lomachnko is smarter, and better

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
                  Lomachenko is athletic but he is extremely technical. Roy Jones Jr. is all about athleticism and explosiveness. He used his extreme athleticism to cover for his weaknesses and only started to lose when he slowed down. Both great fighters in their own right but I don't see why they are being compared or being seen as similar.
                  Pretty much about I was going to say and was scrolling through the thread to see if anyone said it first.

However, I wouldn't say Roy is all athleticism but he is an insane athlete who was trained to box at a very high level. He was a highly tuned machine so once the machine started to break down there was not fixing it because it was an ingrained system. In short he was damn near perfect at his best but once he could no longer be that due to slowing down athletically he fell off quick.

Lomachenko is an exceptional athlete in his own right but he is not Roy Jones athletically speaking. He has honed his boxing skills to a very fine point but generally speaking he has a much more textbook universal style rather than a highly tuned style that no one else could ever really pull off.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                    bait bro...........enjoy, bait.
                    You have issues

Comment

Working...
                    X