Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my prediction for lomo/walters (gotten all of my predicitons right)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my prediction for lomo/walters (gotten all of my predicitons right)

i predicted rigo would beat donaire. i predicted that wilder would blow out Stiverne. i called the matthysse eye/skin problems & let people know why garcia would give lucas all kinds of fits.

i don't like to predict fights that are obvious winners & i don't feel like walters vs lomo is a obvious winner. so here is my break down.

this is not a easy fight for ether man. lomo has all of the talent in the world but he slows down after 5 6 rounds. he slows down greatly. walters gets stronger as the fight goes on. lomachenko has the speed advantage, foot work advantage, ring IQ, you name it, lomo has an advantage over walters not naming power. the problem is walters is a very rough fighter. lomo will look like god in the first 5 rounds. i believe lomo can even put walters on his a** and has A chance to get him out of there early. but more then likely if that doesn't happen you will see walters coming on slowly after 6. irritating lomachenko punch at a time. roughing him up. body shots. landing hard stiff up close shots & being a bit dirty at the same time. i have lomo winning the early rounds walters winning the middle & it will be up for grabs in the late rounds. I want to say walters because he is the tougher more rugged stamina driven fighter but I have a feeling lomo will catch a 2nd wind in the later rounds and pull off a competitive decision.

It could very well go that way. Both are liable to put the other down at some point. I think Loma will dominate early as you say and I think his early momentum will carry it the distance. I'm actually thinking 8-4, Loma. Walters is a strong fighter and talented and of course dangerous, but Loma's pretty hard to hit clean. Walters will have his moments but I don't see them being enough. Either way, it has great potential.

Comment

Really great fight with contrasting styles..

The drama will be if Walters can catch lomachenko can hurt/stop him. Walters is more than capable of doing that, AMD being dangerous for all 12 rds. If loma can avoid the power he wins a decision. I don't see how Walters can outpoint loma if he doesn't land bombs

Comment

Whoa an actual breakdown. I think Walters will focus on body shots the whole fight. If not his ass better throw like 1000 jabs

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
          i predicted rigo would beat donaire. i predicted that wilder would blow out Stiverne. i called the matthysse eye/skin problems & let people know why garcia would give lucas all kinds of fits.

i don't like to predict fights that are obvious winners & i don't feel like walters vs lomo is a obvious winner. so here is my break down.

this is not a easy fight for ether man. lomo has all of the talent in the world but he slows down after 5 6 rounds. he slows down greatly. walters gets stronger as the fight goes on. lomachenko has the speed advantage, foot work advantage, ring IQ, you name it, lomo has an advantage over walters not naming power. the problem is walters is a very rough fighter. lomo will look like god in the first 5 rounds. i believe lomo can even put walters on his a** and has A chance to get him out of there early. but more then likely if that doesn't happen you will see walters coming on slowly after 6. irritating lomachenko punch at a time. roughing him up. body shots. landing hard stiff up close shots & being a bit dirty at the same time. i have lomo winning the early rounds walters winning the middle & it will be up for grabs in the late rounds. I want to say walters because he is the tougher more rugged stamina driven fighter but I have a feeling lomo will catch a 2nd wind in the later rounds and pull off a competitive decision.
          pretty good breakdown.

Comment

It's a very close fight between two of the best fighters in the world. I pick Lomo by a small margin. Nobody gets all of their predictions right. The BoxingXpert said he was never wrong so I bet him all his points on his prediction that Canelo would beat Smith by robbery.He didn't pay his bet. He also was so embarrassed he never returned to boxing scene after bragging his ass of on the accuracy of his predictions. Anybody who can always pick the right winner of fights would be too busy spending the millions they won betting on the fights to waste time on boxing scene.

Comment

That was a good break down my brotha

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post

Nice analysis but I think you overlooked Walters massive 7 1/2in reach advantage. Walters has a 73in reach. That is longer than floyd. Lomachenko will be at a bigger reach disadvantage than hatton was against floyd.

When walters uses his jab it is very hard to reach him without taking damage. Lomachenko has great hand speed and footwork, but he wont be able to go in and out without getting tagged.

I think this is a hard fight for both, and if Loma wants to win he will have 2 options. The first is to pump up the volume while avoiding getting knocked out or outpointed by the jab. The second option is to really invest in targeting walters body. Loma has power going to the body and walters likes draining.

Comment

Working...
                X