No announcement yet.

usyk- beterbiev was my toughest amateur opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    yeah, thought someone had probably posted it before but i'd never seen it up whilst ive been here. Is a really good fight for an amateur contest
    Beterbiev has also got amateur wins over Mekhontsev, Gvozdyk, Atoev etc. I think him and Bivol are gonna be a real problem at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
      Unbelievable that this huge kid Usyk actually fought and lost to Shawn Porter in the amateurs at 165.
      wow i never realised that lol, two of my favourite fighters too. guessing that must have been quite a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
        Beterbiev is the hardest puncher in amateur boxing post 1992, i've seen him dropping guys more than any other boxer in amateur boxing.
        Sadly he lacks the olympic gold, in 2008 he was arguably robbed by the home fighter and in 2012 he lost a close one against the eventual winner, Usyk.
        yeah hopefully we get to see beterbiev in with some top fighters next year

Comment

yeah hopefully we get to see beterbiev in with some top fighters next year
          With his amateur background he should fight better fighters.
          I don't know how after 4 years, Spence, Beterbiev, Joshua, Verdejo, etc...they haven't faced a top fighter.

Comment

wow i never realised that lol, two of my favourite fighters too. guessing that must have been quite a few years ago
            Shawn Porter faced everyone in the amateurs, Degale, Usyk, Jacobs, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
              With his amateur background he should fight better fighters.
              I don't know how after 4 years, Spence, Beterbiev, Joshua, Verdejo, etc...they haven't faced a top fighter.
              yeah i agree, i did a thread about this, saying the top amateurs should be moved on quicker. They dont need to be moved at the speed of a lomachenko, but after a couple of years i think they should be fighting at least at fringe world level

Comment

Working...
              X