Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Young Boxer Dies After Being Knocked Out in First Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing is the only sport where you can go pro with no background in the sport, just another reason it needs a proper commission/ league .

Comment

Do or die baby. Go for broke. Watch me smoke and make sure you don't choke

Comment

Originally posted by !!WAR KOVALEV!! View Post
        R.I.P. this is the sport, a brutal put your life on the line type of sport.
        Not the best ending to your sig for this thread.... heh.

This article is misleading BTW. They say he died from one punch... but at the end of the 12th round. It was probably a mismatch where they let him get beat up all night. But who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
          Poor kid RIP.. any links to the fight? Usually these fights that end with death aren't that violent. I remember men Kovalev killed that guy, would've never thought the guy was in serious danger
          That's because you underrate Kovalev's power. If you watch Kovalev's other fights and see guys get hurt by single jabs, and then you compare that to the dude eating 20-30 big shots per round, just because he's keeping his balance most the time doesn't mean it looked okay. It was a beating all night from probably the most deceptive puncher in the sport in terms of shots that look like they might not hurt that much, but actually do huge damage.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            Boxing is the only sport where you can go pro with no background in the sport, just another reason it needs a proper commission/ league .
            Yup. The times boxers get hurt in actual even matchups between top professionals who are in shape is very rare. Abdulosmov and Perez is the only one I can think of and even they weren't HBO A-sides. If they just made fights between A-sides like fans want, and didn't mix in mismatches constantly, the sport would be much safer. And then yet fighters like Mayweather excuse fighting mismatches because they want to be "safe" and not take risks... Well maybe it's less a risk for him but it's a bigger risk for everyone else.

Comment

That's why a fight between top fighter vs cab driver should never be supported with the stupid excuse that top fighter needs a tuneup or a break. You then claim you care about fighters when you only care about your favorite fighter, and the cab driver is not human.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                Not the best ending to your sig for this thread.... heh.

This article is misleading BTW. They say he died from one punch... but at the end of the 12th round. It was probably a mismatch where they let him get beat up all night. But who knows.
                3rd round, not 12th.

Comment

r.i.p. champ
                  sad news

Comment

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK

Comment

Right on, brother. They shouldn't even be allowed to call or write about fights and fighters. They don't know shytt about boxing and what it takes to engage another man with your fists and heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X