No announcement yet.

Why would anyone want Ward to win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anyone want Ward to win?

I'm seeing a lot of posts about a Kovalev being robbed and corrupt judges, refs and what not. So my 1uestion is pretty simple. Why would the judges, orgs or states athletic commisions want Ward to win? He doesn't draw, isn't exciting, so what possible reason is there to hand the belts over? Personally I think the fight could have gone either way. I've watched to fight twice and given it to each fighter. It was that close. So can someone please explain why they think there was corruption in this fight?

Ward is the economic engine that drives the Las Vegas economy

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      I'm seeing a lot of posts about a Kovalev being robbed and corrupt judges, refs and what not. So my 1uestion is pretty simple. Why would the judges, orgs or states athletic commisions want Ward to win? He doesn't draw, isn't exciting, so what possible reason is there to hand the belts over? Personally I think the fight could have gone either way. I've watched to fight twice and given it to each fighter. It was that close. So can someone please explain why they think there was corruption in this fight?
      You pretty much made your own point. He's boring and it could have went either way. So...why DID they pick him to win?

He's American. Why else? And all three with the exact same score? That happens, but it's pretty rare.

Comment

To set up the trilogy and milk this ****. Also was easy to root for Ward because he was the one who moved up and was the lighter puncher. All things that get ppl to root for u.

Comment

American Olympic hero like sugar ray Leonard, who defeats a big bad russian.

Classic emotional storyline which warmed to the judges.

Edit: wow it's been 5 years since I last saw you. Welcome back Jab, I missed those debates in the history section.
          Last edited by Vadrigar.; 11-22-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

He's American. I don't think there's corruption, but the possibility of bias is extremely high.

Not only is Kovalev Russian, but the crowd was very visibly pro-Ward and anti-Kov.

Comment

Why would anyone want Bradley to win? Sosa to win?

Americans in America. turf bias.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                He's American. I don't think there's corruption, but the possibility of bias is extremely high.

Not only is Kovalev Russian, but the crowd was very visibly pro-Ward and anti-Kov.
                I didn't understand that. I mean, why? Ward never fights in Vegas. And what did Kovalev do to earn the boos beforehand? And why was every landed Ward jab a reason for Nirvana from the crowd? It was very strange indeed.

Comment

You can stage this fight on the moon and America will always come out on top...you cant beat the American Spirit of Winning...too strong.

Comment

No offence but why not? If this fight happened in the U.K. then the British fight would win, if it happened in Russia the Russian fighter would have won. Ward might not be a mega draw like Mayweather but a win over kovalev would make him one, a rematch would do well too.

Comment

Working...
                    X