Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Stevenson Had Opportunities To Fight - Why Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g27region View Post
    Maybe he's many levels below Ward, but not Kovalev. Plus, a boxer like Adonis, who can KO anybody with a single punch, has a chance against anybody

Dawson wasn't a live body either, he was just a Ward's leftover at that point when Stevenson fought him
    He is levels below Kovalev, at least Kovalev has the ability to step back and counter and has power in both hands

Stevenson wouldn't have a shot in hell at beating either guy. I genuinely believe he is bang average. I'd have taken the Hopkins that Kovalev dominated over Stevenson.

Comment

Stevenson is a paper champion. When he starts fighting legitimate contenders then he should get a shot. He has to be one of the most protected media generated champions to come along in a generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
        He is levels below Kovalev, at least Kovalev has the ability to step back and counter and has power in both hands

Stevenson wouldn't have a shot in hell at beating either guy. I genuinely believe he is bang average. I'd have taken the Hopkins that Kovalev dominated over Stevenson.
        I'm telling you Kovalev is a bum and you keep making things up about his "abilities to step back and counter" and stuff like that, saying that Stevenson is not on his level. Kovalev never been a 1 punch KO artist, he's a hard hitter and he needs to land clean combinations so how he can defeat Ward? It's extremely difficult to land a clean combination on Ward. On the other hand, Stevenson can catch Ward clean with his left, he might be one-trick pony, but he knows how to use this trick a lot of different ways, and his offensive with his left hand can be really versatile sometimes

Comment

stevenson tried to fight ward after they had both beaten dawson and ward said no he hasn't beaten anyone lol

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            I'm telling you Kovalev is a bum and you keep making things up about his "abilities to step back and counter" and stuff like that, saying that Stevenson is not on his level. Kovalev never been a 1 punch KO artist, he's a hard hitter and he needs to land clean combinations so how he can defeat Ward? It's extremely difficult to land a clean combination on Ward. On the other hand, Stevenson can catch Ward clean with his left, he might be one-trick pony, but he knows how to use this trick a lot of different ways, and his offensive with his left hand can be really versatile sometimes
            didn't kovalev and ward just fight? didn't kovalev outbox ward from distance, dominate with his jab, land more punches, and land cleaner harder shots? thats how he can beat ward even though the offiical judges got it wrong. why you making up phantom criteria like he has to land combos to win? this explains why people had ward winning. they just make up things in their mind that have to happen and when they don't the other guy wins by default.

that being said i think kov vs stevenson is a toss up and stevenson would prob beat ward. wards going to try to get close and stevenson's left hand is amazing and he can throw it very short.

Comment

the superman curse will get you ANDRE!

dont fall victim like hopkins, pascal, fonfara and kovalev

do not hting you are exempt..kovalev thought he was exempt simply bc he was used to carry out the boxing god's doings vs hopkins and pascal...u were just used andre...go after those 2 belts stevenson has and the ring will throw in one more to make it all 6 for the division...

all boxing fans should want this fight..PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Not what I wanted to hear from Ward! Stevenson needs to defeat Alvarez and Beterbiev, and see what happens in the Kovalev vs. Ward rematch!
                u're one of the better boxing fans..i cant get into these guys who say **** like "forget about him" meanwhile he's 40 getting knock out of the year votes..

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Stevenson is one dimensional. Not a fatal flaw when you have a left hand as good as his, but against Ward I doubt it would be anywhere near enough. I don’t think a fighter as predictable as Stevenson would beat Ward. It’s just 1-2 over and over again. Kovalev has much more range as a boxer. Better footwork, better jab, better use of his lead hand in general. Stevenson also seems to have stamina issues which is a major problem against a guy who’ll test you right to the finish line.
                  much more range?
                  how kov has a 72 in reach stevenson has a 77 inch reach..
                  lets not be ignorant here...

ward' right shoulder is all but dead..u mean to tell me u think he's going to be a much longer southpaw with just a jab?? if u think that cool, but u just made it seem as if he was going to do it easy, and if stevenson is a bum to both of these guys lol

hbo and kathy didnt just decide to leave stevenson hanging for nothing...10 million dollars purse bid was on the line playboy...THEY TOOK 2 million TO FIGHT ANDRE WARD...

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    didn't kovalev and ward just fight? didn't kovalev outbox ward from distance, dominate with his jab, land more punches, and land cleaner harder shots? thats how he can beat ward even though the offiical judges got it wrong. why you making up phantom criteria like he has to land combos to win? this explains why people had ward winning. they just make up things in their mind that have to happen and when they don't the other guy wins by default.

that being said i think kov vs stevenson is a toss up and stevenson would prob beat ward. wards going to try to get close and stevenson's left hand is amazing and he can throw it very short.
                    Man, Ward was landing thousands of sneaky ninja punches in that fight, the ones that CompuBox couldn't count and casual fans couldn't see them. The type of punches that made Kovalev tired and breathing hard in the end

So I'm not sure if Kovalev was landing more

Comment

Stevenson is trying to cash out.

Comment

Working...
                      X