The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man...

Comment

• Kovalev had nothing more left. Good luck to him going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Man...

All the holding Kov was doing and hitting behind the head sickened me tonight. I was so ecstatic to see how a real fighter fights out of clinches and gets the job done

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          When Kov kept constantly looking towards the referee for assistance it was the first sign that he was in trouble and mentally defeated.

Furthermore, his body language suggested a tired and hurt fighter who was looking for a way out by simply resigning to just to pack it in and checking out.

He lost the will to fight back and that was the reason why Tony Weeks stopped the fight.
          He was looking at the ref because he was getting hit low and Weeks wasn't doing anything about it. Kovalev looked a little winded but he was both throwing back and landing, and was ahead on most people's cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Goodness gracious that shot damn near put him to sleep. What an amateur move by Kovalev. He switched right in front of Ward and didn't make any defensive moves. Ward angled to have Kova squared up to him and landing that right full force.

Not bad for hitting like a girl lol
            Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
            Almost took Kovalev's head off. Wow.
            dat low blow doe, like watching the replay Dre folding him in a earlier round before the contrasersy -- I'm faded right now off dis drank tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by b0x
              Speak for yourself. If Kov low blowed Ward 6 times and the ref jumped in and stopped the fight after 2 low blows, I'd call the same BS. I'm a boxing fan, not a fan of personalities/colour/whatever else nonsense 80% of BS posters are.
              Don't assume I am apart of the 80% posters who are into personality or race, because I am far from that. Don't throw me under that bus.

I agree those were pretty low, but I don't feel he actually hit his nuts, maybe pelvic area at most. Idk. I could be wrong, but I do feel Andre did pretty good this time.

My non biased opinion, even if the fight wasn't stopped, I couldn't see Kovalev making it passed 9/10. Again, I don't feel Ward actually landed on the groin. Please don't take me for favoring Ward, because I truly wanted Kovalev to win based on me not feeling Ward actually won the first fight. This time, Andre won. I want to see Kovalev bounce back because he still is great to me.

Comment

• Kova did not react like a guy who got hit repeatedly in the balls before or after the stoppage.

He was hurt!

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  He was looking at the ref because he was getting hit low and Weeks wasn't doing anything about it.
                  The reason why the referee didn't do anything because in his judgement, those blows were borderline and legal. Had Kovalev never worn his trunks so high above his navel, then perhaps he would have gotten some of those calls through his futile attempts of gamesmanship; By pretending the blows were too low in order to buy some extra time for himself to rest and possibly getting Ward penalized for throwing them. However, Tony Weeks wasn't having none of it because he saw through him.

Comment

• On replay you can clearly see Ward put everything into that straight right that hurt kovalev. The blows were low that lead to the weird a$$ stoppage but Ward was clearly the better man tonight. Even if kovalev was given a standing eight count, he wouldn't have reached the final bell in the 12th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      Man...

Just beautiful...man, Ward is tenacious!

Comment

Working...
                      X