The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24/7 (in spanish, sorry)

Comment

Kovalev was complacent last go around. I think he thought that KD in round 2 would clinch it for him. He will be a different fighter this time. Ward is mentally tough and knows how to win so Kovalev clearly has to dominate to get this done. I see it as a punishing night aimed directly at Andre. If Ward is slick enough maybe he'll weather the storm. Hope we have a clear winner this time.

Comment

HBO's chanel uploaded it a couple of hours ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

HBO's chanel uploaded it a couple of hours ago.
          " I didn't know those piece of **** punches are scoring punches ". Kovalev on Wards bodywork. He made me laugh so much through out the documentary.

Comment

Ward vs. Kovalev rivalry is one of the greatest things that's happened to boxing since Pacquiao vs. Marquez.

Comment

I just have a hard time seeing Kovalev winning.
              I think he'll go all out in first five rounds but I am convinced Ward can handle the storm,remember he only knocked him down once and if his shots were so thunderous then why not another knockdown?
              Heck he didn't even hurt him after besides a shot in the last round.
              Not ready to pick but leaning towards Ward by decision.
              I just think sog will adapt and take a decision, maybe even hurt Kovalev because I personally don't think he can fight going backwards.And Ward seems to know that and chances are Kovi will be open to some shots(he don't like getting hit) and that will throw him off imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                Ward vs. Kovalev rivalry is one of the greatest things that's happened to boxing since Pacquiao vs. Marquez.
                I'd scream like a teenage girl if Kovalev pulls out a close victory here and we get a trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I'd scream like a teenage girl if Kovalev pulls out a close victory here and we get a trilogy.
                  ... imo, there will not be any trilogy... no matter who "wins" this... these two can't sell enough for a trilogy...

Comment

... imo, there will not be any trilogy... no matter who "wins" this... these two can't sell enough for a trilogy...
                    That and Duva stating she doesn't want work with Ward's team again.....

Comment

• Kov is a great puncher and ko artist. Ward is a great boxer with sound technique. If kov can carry out his first 4 rounds through 12 he has a legit shot at winning. Ward seems to understand that his key to winning is defense more than anything. If ward can negate kovs counters 12 rds he has a great shot at winning. No clue who wins but WAR WARD!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X