Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why come bodyshots made the difference for ward, but when Maidana beat floyds body,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Kovalev slowed as a result of the body shots, Mayweather didn't
    kovalev slowed in the chilemba fight too

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      your forgetting a crucial point, maidans body work was hard shots with weight behind them. Wards had no weight behind them, were more like jabs to the body than anything. I wouldnt even bother to defend a ward jab to the body lol, hardly going to hurt is it.
      wtf does that have to do with scoring points in boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        your forgetting a crucial point, maidans body work was hard shots with weight behind them. Wards had no weight behind them, were more like jabs to the body than anything. I wouldnt even bother to defend a ward jab to the body lol, hardly going to hurt is it.
        They clearly affected Kovalev some. He slowed considerably.

Your "point" is basically the opposite of crucial.

Comment

It's very simple. Maidana never hurt Floyd to the body. Let alone landed anything of significance flush on him. As Mayweather would block and parry most of those punches with his shoulders, elbows and biceps.

On the other hand, Ward did hurt Kovalev to the body flush. Sergey would often wince from pain because of them. He once even backed the Krusher up and doubled him over from the body shots he landed.

Comment

Kovalev slowed as a result of the body shots, Mayweather didn't
            Kovalev total punches rounds 1-6=216
            Kovalev total punches rounds 7-12=258

try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
              no explanations. just insults. from floyd apologists?
              Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Sooo.... Everyone who said Maidana beat Floyd is now in full agreement that Ward won. Good, glad we cleared that up.
              Lol THIS is all that needs to be said.

Every fight isn't the same. Can't just say but so and so did this so why didn't he win?

Op is a moron who said ward was gonna retire and is making excuses

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
                Cause mayweather is black
                Actually most African Americans are less than 3/4 black due to slavery.

Comment

For starters, Mayweather didn't slow where as Kovalev did and as a result ended up losing most of the second half. Bad comparison really...
                  so you do judge damage afterall? well I'll be damn, I wonder who got more damage in the ward vs kovaelv fight

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                    They clearly affected Kovalev some. He slowed considerably.

Your "point" is basically the opposite of crucial.
                    i imagine it was the wrestling that tired kovalev outmore than wards tippy tappy punches. so ward cant crack an egg power wise when he hits to the chin, but apparantly his body shots are like sledgehammers? Do me a favour lol. Was hardly solid, consistent body work was it.

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                      wtf does that have to do with scoring points in boxing?
                      cause a solid hurtful shot should score more points than those with no weight behind it.

Comment

Working...
                      X