Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone claiming ward vs kov was a robbery need to go to a workshop on scoring fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    At worst (or at best for Ward) it's 6:6.. meaning 114:113 Kovalev

I had it 115:112.

You just need to watch Ward's face when they read the scorecards. He KNOWS he lost that one..
    it was a toss up..both were in doubt bro...stop reaching for straws that arent there...the fight was a nailbiter

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      That's sad that he's employed by one of the most notable boxing websites. Dudes are dumb. This isn't basketball where a free throw is one point, inside the arch is 2 points and outside the arch is 3 points. This **** is subjective. Dudes try to force feed their opinions as facts and its sad.

When you have 50/50 fights, it just comes down to judge selection. Toney/McCallum 1 and 2, Pac/Marquez 1,2,3; Morales/Barrera series (I don't remember which ones but I recall all of them being debated), Canelo/Lara, the list goes on. These fights were seen as controversial.

It just happens when you have 2 even fighters going at it. Somebody has to take an L and in this case, it was Kovalev.

^^^great examples and all were decided by 2 points oir less, no robberies

Comment

It's always a certain demographic. They hate beforehand and say you are scared then when you fight and win they discredit the victory. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Boxing experts? Fighters are boxing experts and most of them had it a very close fight that could have one either way. I value their opinion more than yours and fat dans.
          Like Eubank immediately stating it was a robbery? Or you mean Paulie. American fighters support him yeah. What's your point?
          I'm done. Have a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
            Don't know how to score a fight?

Kovalev landed more punches, the harder punches, and scored a knockdown. He landed more punches in 6 rounds, and more power punches in seven rounds.

I understand people thinking they are special, and have a refined eye, taking the counter stance to prove their "superiority." It's human nature, it's called being a contrarian. (Or a biased Ward fan..he's a good dude, nothing wrong with that)
            If you like Ward, I can see you being proud of his chin, and fighting an excellent second half of the fight. He looked great in spurts. Did he do enough? Not by any conventional scoring criteria, no. Is it a "robbery?"not an egregious one, but... More or less, because he lost.
            if he lost...many people, including the judges, pro fighters and trainers who watched it live wouldnt have scored it for ward

fights are scored round by round...not by punch totals at the end of the fight

you might want to attend that scoring fights work shop

one or 2 dominant rounds reflect in the stats whereas its still a 10-9 round or 10-8 with a kd....come on bro

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              if he lost...many people, including the judges, pro fighters and trainers who watched it live wouldnt have scored it for ward

fights are scored round by round...not by punch totals at the end of the fight

you might want to attend that scoring fights work shop

one or 2 dominant rounds reflect in the stats whereas its still a 10-9 round or 10-8 with a kd....come on bro
              I thought that may have been the case too. And then I looked at the round punching totals. And it wasn't the case. Did u read my full post?

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
                Like Eubank immediately stating it was a robbery? Or you mean Paulie. American fighters support him yeah. What's your point?
                I'm done. Have a good one.
                There's a whole list of fighters opinions in the first post of the thread below.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=729104

What do you see? Actual fighters saying it was a close fight that could have gone either way.

Are you going to tell me you and fat dan etc know more than them?

Comment

Kovalev got outboxed down the stretch and did not make the proper adjustments. It was a close fight. I saw the body work that Ward was doing as being a big factor in the momentum shift. If you deny that fact, either you are just being bias or you need to rematch the fight as it was pretty clear. It could have gone the other way easily but I personally still would have thought that Ward won. No need to turn it into a race thing as fights that get called the wrong way all of time and don't have anything to do with race, more with politics. Everyone knows that this happens in the sport of boxing way too often but this was just a case where two fighters were very evenly matched and either man could have got the nod, depending on how the judges saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    fights are scored...round by round

you dont use punch totals to score a fight...one big round where you outland an opponent by 20 can sway the stats

you may want to sign up for that work shop and learn how to score a fight

duck a rematch? just like he was never gonna fight the krusher, have 20 tune ups and duck him right? there will be a rematch bro.
                    Yes and when u look at combox ROUND BY ROUND, it shows Kovalev won the fight... That's all, thanks!

I just can't wait for the rematch! LOL just like Ward had to fight Kovalev this time if he wanted to stay on HBO, he's contractually obligated for the rematch, so he can't go back to fighting Paul Smiths, and Sullivan Barreras hahah.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                      There's a whole list of fighters opinions in the first post of the thread below.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=729104

What do you see? Actual fighters saying it was a close fight that could have gone either way.

Are you going to tell me you and fat dan etc know more than them?
                      Would say boxers have a tendency to side with and credit the more technically skilled fighter, just my opinion. Also they may have exaggerated his performance because he moved up in weight to challenge a monster. This is likely. Scoring the respect they have for him. Im scoring rounds for david if goliath has punished me too. They don't get paid to judge fights. Don't know why you respect their opinions more than judges and analysts. To each their own.
                      Last edited by boxing_pundit85; 11-21-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X