Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. on Golovkin Comparisons: I Was on a Different Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. on Golovkin Comparisons: I Was on a Different Level

BoxingScene.com recently spoke to Mexican legend Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. who was in Las Vegas this weekend to provide analysis of Andre Ward's controversial unanimous decision victory over Sergey Kovalev at the T-Mobile Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I know that both of ya'll feasted on bums.

Comment

Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
      I know that both of ya'll feasted on bums.
      Chavez eventually stepped up and fought HOF/P4P fighters. I doubt Golovkin ever will.

Comment

Ggg loves dominating bums but chavez sr is the biggest bum beater in the history of boxing... Resume full of mexican landscapers and taco cart chefs.......

Comment

One major difference was that Chavez, Jr was a slow starter. It'll take a few rounds in order for him to find his rhythm in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
            Ggg loves dominating bums but chavez sr is the biggest bum beater in the history of boxing... Resume full of mexican landscapers and taco cart chefs.......
            Disrespectful and imbecilic statement. All of the people who talk **** about JCC remember only the JCC of the late 90's-2000 era. JCC beat 15 current or former world champs among all of the cab drivers and gardeners he beat, so check with those champions about how good he was. Go back and YouTube the 80's and early 90's version of him and you will see (if you have any clue about boxing) what JCC is talking about when he says he was on another level. Golovkin is a great fighter, no doubt about that, but Chavez Sr. is right that he is painfully raw and basic compared to a prime JCC. JCC wasn't just a great fighter, he was an amazing technician.
            Last edited by NachoMan; 11-21-2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
              your mother is the bum! Obviously you don't know shyt about boxing son so stfu!

Comment

I was a Chavez Sr. fan back in the day, and a GGG fan now. Different weights, different times, so hard to compare.

For sure Chavez Sr. was the more accomplished, and at his peak, every fight was just 12 rounds of unrelenting pressure as his chin let him walk through anything coming the other way. None could stand up to that pressure and eventually wilted.

Closest was Taylor of course, just seconds. Taylor hit Chavez with everything in that fight and totally outclassed him in the early rounds. If anything Taylor exhausted himself by hitting Chavez so much - was like hitting a tank until he got too tired to keep it up and the tank started fighting back, at which point the pressure took over and Taylor just couldn't stand in the fire till the final second (fair stoppage, but oh so close.....).

So Chavez unquestionably the most accomplished, but I see GGG as more skilled - he wouldn't have taken THAT many shots from Taylor, and the stoppage would have been earlier (assuming same weight, same time etc). All GGG can continue doing is keep beating whoever they put in front of him, just like Chavez did - GGG might never have the opportunity to fight through as much class opposition as Chavez did simply because its not there, so we end up with 'what ifs' with GGG (what if prime Mugabi, what if prime Hagler etc etc). Not his fault, his legacy won't be any better by beating Saunders, Jacobs, Quillin, Lee back-to-back as none of them are seen as Haglers or Mugabis.

Comment

Originally posted by money uno View Post
                  your mother is the bum! Obviously you don't know shyt about boxing son so stfu!
                  awww no need to cry sensitve puto...... Chinga tu madre! Mas putoooooo maricon

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                    I was a Chavez Sr. fan back in the day, and a GGG fan now. Different weights, different times, so hard to compare.

For sure Chavez Sr. was the more accomplished, and at his peak, every fight was just 12 rounds of unrelenting pressure as his chin let him walk through anything coming the other way. None could stand up to that pressure and eventually wilted.

Closest was Taylor of course, just seconds. Taylor hit Chavez with everything in that fight and totally outclassed him in the early rounds. If anything Taylor exhausted himself by hitting Chavez so much - was like hitting a tank until he got too tired to keep it up and the tank started fighting back, at which point the pressure took over and Taylor just couldn't stand in the fire till the final second (fair stoppage, but oh so close.....).

So Chavez unquestionably the most accomplished, but I see GGG as more skilled - he wouldn't have taken THAT many shots from Taylor, and the stoppage would have been earlier (assuming same weight, same time etc). All GGG can continue doing is keep beating whoever they put in front of him, just like Chavez did - GGG might never have the opportunity to fight through as much class opposition as Chavez did simply because its not there, so we end up with 'what ifs' with GGG (what if prime Mugabi, what if prime Hagler etc etc). Not his fault, his legacy won't be any better by beating Saunders, Jacobs, Quillin, Lee back-to-back as none of them are seen as Haglers or Mugabis.
                    Ggg wouldnt fight the likes of taylor, he prefers to display his skills vs the wades and monroes of the world... until ggg steps up you cant really compare...

Comment

Working...
                    X