• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props to the honest Russian Kosta Tszyu

http://www.boxingscene.com/tszyu-kov...stakes--111050

Comment

Comment

Are there even any legit, unbiased (who dont want to push the US fighter) media members who scored the fight for Ward? LOL I dont think so.

Comment

I think what needs to be said here is that guys like Al Bernstein and Harold Lederman are old school boxing.

That is to say, they believe the more aggressive and front footed a fighter is, the more likely he should be to win the round.

However...since the rise of our good friend Floyd, boxing has taken on a new form - rounds can be stolen with a couple of slick jabs, a shoulder roll, some hugs and a degree of influence over stakeholders at a commission / venue etc.

The boxing world has come full circle, whitey now faces many of the injustices that guys like the great Jack Johnson used to have to fight back in the day.

Old white guys are salty as hell about this with some racial undertones (Larry Merchant).

It is a case of the old school VS the new SJW's.

BTW - I believe Kovalev won the fight last week, it was close but he won clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
            Props to the honest Russian Kosta Tszyu

http://www.boxingscene.com/tszyu-kov...stakes--111050
            Tszyu is right in one way, Kovalev needs to fix the mistake of letting the fight go the distance.

He now understands he has to knock Ward out, there is no alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Tszyu is right in one way, Kovalev needs to fix the mistake of letting the fight go the distance.

Yes, there's no other way for a foreign-born fighter to beat a privileged African-American boxer in Las Vegas.

Comment

Honestly I'm sure roc nation and ward enjoy all of these tears. If it would have been one sided no one would care about a rematch, now the universe needs to be set back on its axis.
                It is pretty evident that racism truly still exists though anyhow ward won and a black man is on top again lmao

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                  It is pretty evident that racism truly still exists
                  Oh yes. Two robberies on the PPV card, both favoring the privileged African-American boxer (as usual).

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

If he could have he would have.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                      I think what needs to be said here is that guys like Al Bernstein and Harold Lederman are old school boxing.

That is to say, they believe the more aggressive and front footed a fighter is, the more likely he should be to win the round.

However...since the rise of our good friend Floyd, boxing has taken on a new form - rounds can be stolen with a couple of slick jabs, a shoulder roll, some hugs and a degree of influence over stakeholders at a commission / venue etc.

The boxing world has come full circle, whitey now faces many of the injustices that guys like the great Jack Johnson used to have to fight back in the day.

Old white guys are salty as hell about this with some racial undertones (Larry Merchant).

It is a case of the old school VS the new SJW's.

BTW - I believe Kovalev won the fight last week, it was close but he won clearly.

beautiful post.

hope we get blessed by another salvador sanchez or charley burley...

guys with proper blend of offense and PROPER (non spoiling) defense....

Comment

Working...
                      X