No announcement yet.

It's time for the excuses of Kovalev's loss to come to end

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time for the excuses of Kovalev's loss to come to end

Kovalev has nobody to blame for that loss but himself. When he had Ward hurt in rounds one and down on the canvas in round two, that was his once in a lifetime opportunity to cease the moment but he didn't; Instead, he coasted for the full twelve rounds.

Given his infinite punching power, he simply chose to throw Andre Ward a life line by attempting to outbox and outclass him rather than going for the KO. Which allowed the S.O.G. back in the fight and the chance to find his rhythm.

Sergey was obviously the stronger and wider man in there and had he decided to turn it up a notch a two, chances are he would have gotten Andre Ward out of there early; I say no later than the fourth round.

Ward won this fight because the judges felt he wanted it a lot more than Kovalev did plain and simple. Given the championship heart and the amount of will he displayed, by getting getting off the canvas and mounting a successful comeback, all helped swayed the judges in his favor.

Idk man I was rooting for Ward but I thought kolv won by atleast 3 rounds I heard the judges didn't give a round past the 5th? If that true then that just plain crazy

Comment

Working...
    X