No announcement yet.

How Great Is Virgil Hunter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Great Is Virgil Hunter?

Gave atg instructions to war andre after the knock down and coached him to his greatest victory...all hail the hall of famer O.G. Boxing Coach Virgil Hunter!
    Last edited by TripleGFightFan; 11-20-2016, 02:36 PM.

good strategist and even better motivator

Comment

THAT fight is what Virgil Hunter is about. These guys that tried to write him off as being a delusional witch doctor just don't get the psychology of the sport. Virgil got his fighter back in the game and helped him climb that mountain. I don't know if Dre could have done it without Virg.

"I told him, you might get knocked down because you're going to have to go get it!"

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        good strategist and even better motivator
        Yeah...was very inspirational...you can tell he loves andre like a son...was like watching a father take care of his son and give him just what he needed at that moment...almost brought me to tears...

Comment

He's a great motivator!

Is it just me, or does he very very rarely give any actual instructions between rounds? I can't really recall him doing that ever.

I get that with Ward he probably doesn't need to so much. But i noticed with Berto and Khan he rarely gives them instructions when they probably actually need it sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            He's a great motivator!

Is it just me, or does he very very rarely give any actual instructions between rounds? I can't really recall him doing that ever.

I get that with Ward he probably doesn't need to so much. But i noticed with Berto and Khan he rarely gives them instructions when they probably actually need it sometimes.
            Rarely specific punch instructions. He might guide them to be mindful of footwork, defense, remind them of what they went over in traininge or tell them what he sees in the opponent.
            Otherwise, he's more focused on his fighter's mental state.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              THAT fight is what Virgil Hunter is about. These guys that tried to write him off as being a delusional witch doctor just don't get the psychology of the sport. Virgil got his fighter back in the game and helped him climb that mountain. I don't know if Dre could have done it without Virg.

"I told him, you might get knocked down because you're going to have to go get it!"
              Most definitely...dre could not have gotten through that fight without virgil...boxing is more mental then physical...you gotta believe and go get it...and that's would virgil gave dre...told him "you got this...now go and get it"...

Comment

Comment

Virgil is better than Sanchez. "Any Mid to Cruiser can get it."

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                    Virgil is better than Sanchez. "Any Mid to Cruiser can get it."
                    LMAO!!!...That's a cold sig Breh!!!...

Comment

Working...
                    X