No announcement yet.

enough.......ward won the fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
    present a decent argument.......stop your trolling dude. this is a thread about presenting your argument about why this fight was a robbery.

stop going around thread to thread trolling.

yes i agree with skys visual of the fight vs hbo who had kovalov in a blow out. HBO is notorious for bad commentating and scores........
    trolling lol. people still calling me a troll when i called this fight almost hundred percent correctly, and very vocally. sky sports coverage is absolute garbage, two of their golden boys (froch/smith) lost to ward so of course they will build him up. paul smith had ward up by three rounds ffs. malignaggi was a 'boxer' and american so he was pretty bias, and cause he is pretty intelligent the other pundits just go along with what he says. they were ignoring shots that kovalev landed, think there was a bit where kovalev handed a solid right, ward landed a scuffing jab at the same time and they were like 'SOLID JAB FROM WARD' there coverage is a complete joke, im from the uk so i know all about it, its considered a joke here too. a lot of them predicted ward to win heavily (nelson picked ward by KO!!!!) so they didnt want to be left with egg on their face

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
      "It's important to recognise why that happens too. There's a huge problem with narrative bias when a guy like Ward fights. If the round is low action, he seems to win by default, without actually having to score himself. He gets credit for defence. But Kovalev gets no credit. When Kovalev blocks and slips shots, making Ward miss, it doesn't matter. Kovalev's defence is not part of the narrative. Only his offence. Whereas Ward gets credit for both. So Kovalev can only win rounds by landing heavy flush shots. Whereas Ward can win the round with a couple of spear jabs.

I'm sick of seeing it. Both guys should have to score at the same level to win. In boxing at the moment it's like a soccer team playing ultra defensive against an attacking team, and being awarded the win without actually having to score themselves."

Ward "won" the fight by basically having his head intact and not having been lying on the canvas. The script was written for these judges and guys like you: Kovalev either KO'd Ward or he didn't, because he is the "Krusher" after all, right? When you have power- it's impossible to nullify a boxers boxing with boxing, because, well... he has to get the knock out, and boxing doesn't count if you have power, because most power punchers don't have the ability to box or outbox a boxer.

That sounds about right.
      I am gonna answer every single one of your points in this thread. & everyone else who presents a decent argument.

boxing is not strictly about "he landed the more punches" the problem with kovalov was that HE didn't do enough. ward is counting the rounds and trying to find ways to basically steal shots and rounds. also as the fight went on from the 5th round up wards energy level began to become stronger and stronger & kovalov was declining. ward look the much stronger of the 2 as the fight went on. even busting up and blooding kovalovs nose. kovalov looked sloppy and tired down the stretch. which gave ward the opportunity to to steal rounds.

how did u guys not see that?

and you would have to be a CLOWN to say anyone was robbed here. kovalov let ward get back into the fight. steal shots, & work him down the stretch. which nicked it for ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        well yes he did win. but most feel the other way
        who is most? guys like you who have A deep connection for a fighter in kovalov? the problem is you guys wanted kovalov to win BADLY which clouds your judgement on the fight. which makes you say it was a robbery. you wanted kovalov to win insanely.......

Comment

I had it a draw

it could have gone either way, it wasnt a robbery

i think a rematch is the best bet for both men

Comment

Ward got an Affirmative Action win.

Comment

who is most? guys like you who have A deep connection for a fighter in kovalov? the problem is you guys wanted kovalov to win BADLY which clouds your judgement on the fight. which makes you say it was a robbery. you wanted kovalov to win insanely.......
              like this doesn't apply to you too, right? are you joking?

look at the scorecards, after the first 4 rounds the judges gave kovalev just one of the last 8? how is that possible? what did ward do besides wrestling and throwing one left hand at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                It's confirmation bias by the Ward fans.

Instead of watching the fight like an objective observer, they were paying close attention to Ward and trying to give him every possible round they could because they picked him to win the fight. If you gave Ward every round from 6-12, you're not being honest with yourself.
                thats your problem.....kovalov did NOT win all of the first 6 rounds. ward settled into the fight after the 3rd round my friend (did you seriously give kovalov all of the first of 6 rounds? whahahaha) mid rounds were shaky, with ward taking most of those mid rounds and late.

when u iron it out it's very close with ward leading......

i have NO clue where u guys pulled this robbery out of your a**sses

Comment

I feel like unless it was a clear victory the champion shouldn't lose his title. Give Ward credit for responding like a champion but i had the knockdown being the difference in Kovalev's favor.
                  But as the great trainer Cus D'Amato once said, if you let the fight go to a decision you better be prepared to live with that decision.
                  Kovalev had his chances, he faded in the middle rounds and Ward gained confidence and made it a really close fight. I do feel that Ward would fair much better in a rematch and it would be a clear victory.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    trolling lol. people still calling me a troll when i called this fight almost hundred percent correctly, and very vocally. sky sports coverage is absolute garbage, two of their golden boys (froch/smith) lost to ward so of course they will build him up. paul smith had ward up by three rounds ffs. malignaggi was a 'boxer' and american so he was pretty bias, and cause he is pretty intelligent the other pundits just go along with what he says. they were ignoring shots that kovalev landed, think there was a bit where kovalev handed a solid right, ward landed a scuffing jab at the same time and they were like 'SOLID JAB FROM WARD' there coverage is a complete joke, im from the uk so i know all about it, its considered a joke here too. a lot of them predicted ward to win heavily (nelson picked ward by KO!!!!) so they didnt want to be left with egg on their face
                    all you do is troll on this website bigdramashow. thats all you do. you cry and cry about golovkin here daily......it's ridiculous. thats why i called you a troll because it's what you're known for doing 24/7.

the sky team had it close or ether a very close win for ward. thats MUCH better then a blow out win for kovalov. HBO has been crap for years. why do you think no one cares to subscribe to HBO for their boxing section anymore? crap commentators, **** fights. & bias opinions. how in the hell do you sit down and watch that fight and have it a blow out for ether man? HBO DID. fat dan only had ward winning like 2 rounds LOL you think i give a **** about the HBO's scoring? obviously they wanted kovalov to win badly and their judgment was clouded. they didn't see the body shots, the jabs, the stealing the mid to later rounds. even ward nicked a couple early rounds.......he stole rounds that you guys simply can't see. he literally STOLE them away from kovalov. and thats kovalovs fault......he faded and was holding on for air getting a bloody nose. the guy gassed from body shots. NO ONE SAW THE BODY WORK OF WARD> i mean no one.......
                    Last edited by Godsfly; 11-20-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

all you do is troll on this website bigdramashow. thats all you do. you cry and cry about golovkin here daily......it's ridiculous. thats why i called you a troll because it's what you're known for doing 24/7.

the sky team had it close or ether a very close win for ward. thats MUCH better then a blow out win for kovalov. HBO has been crap for years. why do you think no one cares to subscribe to HBO for their boxing section anymore? crap commentators, **** fights. & bias opinions. how in the hell do you sit down and watch that fight and have it a blow out for ether man? HBO DID. fat dan only had ward winning like 2 rounds LOL you think i give a **** about the HBO's scoring? obviously they wanted kovalov to win badly and their judgment was clouded. they didn't see the body shots, the jabs, the stealing the mid to later rounds. even ward nicked a couple early rounds.......he stole rounds that you guys simply can't see. he literally STOLE them away from kovalov. and thats kovalovs fault......he faded and was holding on for air getting a bloody nose. the guy gassed from body shots. NO ONE SAW THE BODY WORK OF WARD> i mean no one.......
                      you shouldnt 'steal' rounds from a champ, i thought the old saying was that you have to rip the belt away from a champion, not 'steal it' thought the benefit of the doubt when rounds are close goes to the aggressor/champion, obviously not anymore if its in america. Even taking away the bonus's for aggression, i still thought kovalev clearly won the fight.
                      People call me a troll cause they dont like the fact that i dont portray myself as a boxing hipster, and that i say things as they are, if a fights a load of **** i will say so, if a fighter is overrated i will say so. andre ward is the golden boy on here and i said he wasnt as good as advertised, people seem to be shocked now that he didnt 'expose' kovalev.
                      Ive never said hes **** but ive said hes not on the level of someone like mayweather, hes hittable and beatable and i thought he was beat last night. dont usually do the whole 'i told you so' routine but i got heavy ****ing heat for this prediction, racism accusations etc. as i said i do know boxing, a troll is someone like kigali, sugarkainehook, not bigdramashow.

Comment

Working...
                      X