No announcement yet.

enough.......ward won the fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enough.......ward won the fight.

i agree with the sky sports depiction of the fight. HBO is trash, HBO had kovalov in a blow out. fight not even being close? thats disturbing. thats just as bad someone saying ward won a blow out.

heres the thing kidos. kovalov. KOVALOV let the fight slip away.....he did good for the first 4 rounds but let ward wrestle steal shots and pick him off blooding up his nose down the stretch. punch stats are crap because kovalov landed all of those punches in the rounds he dominated. also kovalov gassed badly due to the body work which NO ONE AROUND HERE MENTIONS. why is no one mentioning wards body work? kovalov let the fight slip away from him. all of these polls of people voting kovalov. all of these polls of people having kovalov by 8 rounds are people BADLY insanely wanting kovalov to beat ward which is fine but the actual fight clouds your mind. for me i didn't give a **** who won. i just wanted a good fight. i had ward winning by a couple of rounds. i give him his respect. the dude showed heart fighting a guy that looked noticeably bigger then him and pulling it out. even saying the rematch is set.

hatman did a good post review......mind you hat man was GOING FOR KOVALOV.

all of this crying is pathetic.......

skip to 4:40

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
      i stopped reading at 'i agree with sky sports'

Comment

"It's important to recognise why that happens too. There's a huge problem with narrative bias when a guy like Ward fights. If the round is low action, he seems to win by default, without actually having to score himself. He gets credit for defence. But Kovalev gets no credit. When Kovalev blocks and slips shots, making Ward miss, it doesn't matter. Kovalev's defence is not part of the narrative. Only his offence. Whereas Ward gets credit for both. So Kovalev can only win rounds by landing heavy flush shots. Whereas Ward can win the round with a couple of spear jabs.

I'm sick of seeing it. Both guys should have to score at the same level to win. In boxing at the moment it's like a soccer team playing ultra defensive against an attacking team, and being awarded the win without actually having to score themselves."

Ward "won" the fight by basically having his head intact and not having been lying on the canvas. The script was written for these judges and guys like you: Kovalev either KO'd Ward or he didn't, because he is the "Krusher" after all, right? When you have power- it's impossible to nullify a boxers boxing with boxing, because, well... he has to get the knock out, and boxing doesn't count if you have power, because most power punchers don't have the ability to box or outbox a boxer.

That sounds about right.

Comment

well yes he did win. but most feel the other way

Comment

It's confirmation bias by the Ward fans.

Instead of watching the fight like an objective observer, they were paying close attention to Ward and trying to give him every possible round they could because they picked him to win the fight. If you gave Ward every round from 6-12, you're not being honest with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              i stopped reading at 'i agree with sky sports'
              present a decent argument.......stop your trolling dude. this is a thread about presenting your argument about why this fight was a robbery.

stop going around thread to thread trolling.

yes i agree with skys visual of the fight vs hbo who had kovalov in a blow out. HBO is notorious for bad commentating and scores........

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                "It's important to recognise why that happens too. There's a huge problem with narrative bias when a guy like Ward fights. If the round is low action, he seems to win by default, without actually having to score himself. He gets credit for defence. But Kovalev gets no credit. When Kovalev blocks and slips shots, making Ward miss, it doesn't matter. Kovalev's defence is not part of the narrative. Only his offence. Whereas Ward gets credit for both. So Kovalev can only win rounds by landing heavy flush shots. Whereas Ward can win the round with a couple of spear jabs.

I'm sick of seeing it. Both guys should have to score at the same level to win. In boxing at the moment it's like a soccer team playing ultra defensive against an attacking team, and being awarded the win without actually having to score themselves."

Ward "won" the fight by basically having his head intact and not having been lying on the canvas. The script was written for these judges and guys like you: Kovalev either KO'd Ward or he didn't, because he is the "Krusher" after all, right? When you have power- it's impossible to nullify a boxers boxing with boxing, because, well... he has to get the knock out, and boxing doesn't count if you have power, because most power punchers don't have the ability to box or outbox a boxer.

That sounds about right.
                thats a great point, green k on the way. ive got this feeling before in other boxer v puncher match ups and in some of mayweathers fights, thought it was just me. its as if every round is the 'boxers' to lose. If its an uneventful round its 'the fighter didnt do enough to win that round of off ward/mayweather'. its not a level playing field and the judges scorecards have shown that.

Comment

It IS pathetic.

I remember the disappointment I felt (shared with others) after the Chilemba fight.

"If he fights like that against Andre, Ward is going to beat him" I said.

Well, for 4 rounds, Sergei DIDN'T fight like that and he won at least 3 of them.

But, for the last 8 he fought much, much worse than he did against Chilemba.

Ward controlled pretty much everything that happened from about the mid 3rd on and by the end of the 7th he was firmly in control of the fight.

Ward swept rounds 7 thru 11 on all 3 cards and 7 thru 12 on 2 of 3.

The right guy won.

Instead of moaning and complaining about what you wanted to happen, maybe we should be glad that we saw the two P4P best go at it in a fight close enough to warrant another one right away.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                    It's confirmation bias by the Ward fans.

Instead of watching the fight like an objective observer, they were paying close attention to Ward and trying to give him every possible round they could because they picked him to win the fight. If you gave Ward every round from 6-12, you're not being honest with yourself.
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                    X