No announcement yet.

Who won : kovalev or ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
    I think Kov won. I honestly wasn't rooting hard for either one just mostly looking for a good fight. But I think the decision soured what was really a fight that did live up to the hype.

I'm sorry I just can not give Andre 7 rounds. I think Kov won 5 of the first 6 and definitely didn't get swept in the last 6. If you gave Ward every close round then I can maybe see 6-6 with Kov still winning but I just can't justify 7 rounds.

The judging tonight was god awful. Curtis Stevens was scored way wider than it actually was, Perez possibly won his fight 10-0 and was given a draw and I think Kov beat Ward.
    Im in the same boat as you.

The judging tonight was just out of this world all night long. I agree Stevens didn't win that wide, probably should have been a draw at best.

Perez got jobbed so hard there should be an investigation.

And I don't mind the main event being scored close, but when they all have the SAME close score, it is just a little fishy.

I agree I can't see how you can give Ward 6 of 6 of the last rounds, especially when he was clearly hurt and wobbled in a couple of those rounds.

With that said, Im honestly surprised it was that competitive, Kovalev is such a basic fighter. But it looks like he knows how to use those basics.

Comment

Kov won the fight by two rounds max, but it was his fault he didn't push towards the late rounds. I said it, Kov is a good boxer. He has mastered his craft to the simplest form, he doesn't need to be flashy or have "dimensions" like Ward. His only problem is that he won't change his game plan, he sticks to the same plan from the first to last round no matter what. Kov won the fight but Ward showed more heart and determination to try and win the fight.

If they rematch Ward will win the fight easily

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

The judging tonight was just out of this world all night long. I agree Stevens didn't win that wide, probably should have been a draw at best.

And I don't mind the main event being scored close, but when they all have the SAME close score, it is just a little fishy.

I agree I can't see how you can give Ward 6 of 6 of the last rounds, especially when he was clearly hurt and wobbled in a couple of those rounds.

With that said, Im honestly surprised it was that competitive, Kovalev is such a basic fighter. But it looks like he knows how to use those basics.
        Yea no judge gave Kova 10th unbelivable

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

Could be because that combined with the power. B-hop as old as he was was still whipping the LHW division and got 3 belts but with Kov after the Kd he completely didn't want to engage and just wanted to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorak Hunt View Post
            quite clear how this poll is gonna go, not every is as blind as those judges
            The people have spoken.

Numbers never lie.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              Could be because that combined with the power. B-hop as old as he was was still whipping the LHW division and got 3 belts but with Kov after the Kd he completely didn't want to engage and just wanted to survive.
              Yeah, I guess when you can literally buckle peoples knees with your jab, you dont need many other tools. That was surprising. I didn't think we would be seeing Wards knees buckling from jabs.

I thought that stuff only happens to Amir Khan.

Comment

Ward. I don't have a problem if the fight is a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  The people have spoken.

Numbers never lie.
                  Loaded saying like it is,Kova peoples champion

Comment

115-112 Kovalev. If you want the belt, you have to take it.

Or maybe not...

Comment

Had Ward do 4 rounds, being extremely generous

Definitely not a way to take someone's belt

I was rooting for Ward too, I thought he'd pull up some cool stuff, like Kessler or Dawson but early on reminded me of patterson vs liston lol

someone should make a gif of ward showboating and eating a jab
                      that was too funny for me

Kova meant business and he stayed poised throughout

but really, when the crowd boos the american... you know the fight was just not right.
                      And it's just unattractive as to how they're selling the next one
                      politics and such

Comment

Working...
                      X