Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who won : kovalev or ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Kov won. I honestly wasn't rooting hard for either one just mostly looking for a good fight. But I think the decision soured what was really a fight that did live up to the hype.

I'm sorry I just can not give Andre 7 rounds. I think Kov won 5 of the first 6 and definitely didn't get swept in the last 6. If you gave Ward every close round then I can maybe see 6-6 with Kov still winning but I just can't justify 7 rounds.

The judging tonight was god awful. Curtis Stevens was scored way wider than it actually was, Perez possibly won his fight 10-0 and was given a draw and I think Kov beat Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
      I think Kov won. I honestly wasn't rooting hard for either one just mostly looking for a good fight. But I think the decision soured what was a really a fight that really did live up to the hype.

I'm sorry I just can not give Andre 7 rounds. I think Kov won 5 of the first 6 and definitely didn't get swept in the last 6. If you gave Ward every close round then I can maybe see 6-6 with Kov still winning but I just can't justify 7 rounds.

The judging tonight was god awful. Curtis Stevens was scored way wider than it actually was, Perez possibly won his fight 10-0 and was given a draw and I think Kov beat Ward.
      what he said.

robbery after robbery after robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        How could his be a draw? 6-6 in rounds? kovalev had a KD which would make him the winner.

Looking at the scorecards, in the last six rounds, only one judge gave one round to Kovalev. So out of 18 scored rounds, only 1 to Kovalev !!! and they say it was no robbery?

It was a SHAMELESS robbery.
        Who had it a draw?

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
          Tell me what was all Ward in that second half? By being more competitive only?
          More of Kovalov gassing. I did give Kov round 10. Scored it 7-5 (115-112 with Ward getting the 8 for the KD) I also thought Kov. Looked foolishbchasing Ward instead of cutting the ring off.

Comment

kovalev was the winner.

Comment

I think Draw would've been more satisfying for ALL because it is clearly a split. Now sadly on this forum because of so much Bias BS coming into this fight especially AGAINST WARD I can't take what is voted for or posted on this forum serious AT ALL but I do think a Draw with Kovalev keeping the Belts and them doing it again would've been fair but make no mistake FUK what HBO was saying this fight was extremely close. HBO wanted to give Kovalev certain rounds for landing 1 or 2 of the bigger punches in that round while ignoring what Ward was doing and the body work he was putting in but it was a very close fight

Rematch is a MUST that is for sure!

Comment

clear victory for kovalev 8-4

Comment

I had it for Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    I had Kov. Winning but can see why ppl had Ward. First half was all Kovalov. With the second half almost all Ward.
                    thats a sensible post...but the problem is you have fanboys screaming robbery for kovalov. how in the hell is a razor close decision a robbery. the fight was as close as nails. and not enough respect is given to ward because he has a hate that I can not explain where it comes from. this is a man who looked 2 or 3 times smaller then kovalov in the ring (i couldn't believe how tiny ward looked in there with kovalov) this is a man who actually fought the light heavyweight champ at his weight and beat him in a close fight as oppose to asking for a turd catch weight or looking to fight opponents UNDER his weight. he was great tonight considering what he was up against to challenge himself. so was kovalov. but really......kovalov was the much bigger fighter and he benefited greatly from the advantage.

lets see the rematch........
                    Last edited by Godsfly; 11-20-2016, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      How could his be a draw? 6-6 in rounds? kovalev had a KD which would make him the winner.

Looking at the scorecards, in the last six rounds, only one judge gave one round to Kovalev. So out of 18 scored rounds, only 1 to Kovalev !!! and they say it was no robbery?

It was a SHAMELESS robbery.
                      Is that really the actual cards?
                      If it is the real score cards then this is some heavy home cooking.

Comment

Working...
                      X