No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gets Off The Floor, Decisions Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BKM- View Post
    The two clearest rounds were round 1(Ward stunned by a jab) and round 2(brutal knockdown). That's a guaranteed 20-17 start for Kovalev. There were a lot of close rounds but they gave the benefit of the doubt to Ward way too many times. Robbery imo.
    That's how I scored the first two rounds too. The problem for me is Kovalev didn't do much of anything in the later rounds, Ward won all the championship rounds for sure and he probably won rounds 7 and 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
      And seriously guys, STOP WHINING. It was a VERY close fight, one of those fights were either guy can get the nod. Im not bias towards any guy but i can see both winning and half no problem with the decision.
      How can you not see the bias.ward only won because the fight happened here in america with an american ref and 3 american judges.

Comment

• I had Kovalev winning but I have no problem with the decision because it was such a close fight to call, I think technically Kovalev showed he's the better fighter in almost all aspects of the game, fought a perfect fight early. Ward however was better conditioned and never stopped believing, mental championship qualities that very few have, Kovalev definitley tired late and that cost him the fight.

There must be a rematch, this fight is a no contest to me untill someone wins clearly in the rematch or the rubber match, this can be one of the biggest rivalries the sport has ever seen. Hopefully Ward doesn't run away wih the decision and give us the rematch to prove that he was really the best.

Comment

• Had it close for Kov. The knockdown was the difference. Either way it was a very close fight. Andre looked slow off the back foot. Almost like he was limping.

Comment

• Outright robbery. Got a protected fighter again give a gift decision.

Comment

• I had it 114-113 Ward. I'm a Kovalev fanboy, but I bet on Ward so this killed 5 years of my life expectancy when I saw the second round, all the way until the end. Last round was the deciding factor for me.

Comment

• Wow...Lampley really can't stand Andre Ward can he?
                You'd think by the way he's acting so butt-hurt, Manny Pacquiao just got robbed.
                I mean citing The Cold War as a possible factor in this decision?

Comment

• The fight was close but clear in Kovalev's favor. This is a bit of a robbery it's like Kovalev's jab doesn't count. A little bummed for the sport that this still happens and a foreign champ can't get a fair shake in the states. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    Ward won the fight, many people weren't counting his body work, he was landing power punches repeatedly, it's why Kov slowed down.
                    Exactly....

Comment

• Wow. Threw more, landed more, knocked him down - but lost.

Anyone wondering why boxing is going down the toilet - the judges just clarified it.

Comment

Working...
                      X