Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gets Off The Floor, Decisions Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close fight that could have gone either way. I had Kov slightly edging it, but have no problem with the decision. Boxing looks a lot different from ringside than it does from television. No robbery here, just a close tough fight by two great warriors. I hope to see a rematch. I also hope to see Ward given the credit he deserves since so many claimed he wouldn't even take the fight. Hats off to Kovalev and Ward for putting it all on the line tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      The knock down was in round two. You have to score 12 individuals rounds. Think of it as 12 fights.

A chess match can't be a robbery. It was close. I'm not sure if anyone deserved to win the fight, I'll have to rewatch it and score more carefully, but it's far from a robbery when a fight is this close.
      The two clearest rounds were round 1(Ward stunned by a jab) and round 2(brutal knockdown). That's a guaranteed 20-17 start for Kovalev. There were a lot of close rounds but they gave the benefit of the doubt to Ward way too many times. Robbery imo.

Comment

• This is terrible for boxing

this is why people are watching UFC

you get the best fighters fighting each other

and most fights aren't that controversial

and very very rarely do you get this kind of outrageous nonsnes

Comment

• No matter what anybody says that was a good ****ing fight. Very close for me I didn't know who to give it to but looking forward to the rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
            ****in robbery. This is why ufc is dominating boxing. Two robberies in one card
            lol ufc has so many **** decisions i can tell you dont watch ufc alot.

Comment

• Juan manuel marquez got robbed twice against manny also.... Boxing is boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                Lampley in his closing speech: "Did american fighter get favoritism from american judges over cold war foe russian fighter?"
                yes,yes he did,kovalev had to of killed ward to win in america.

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
                  All you guys have to do is rewatch it and you will see it is clearly a Kovalev victory.

Kovalev still the champ
                  michael buffer would say other wise

Comment

• Kovalev slowed down big time after the fifth and was arm punching the rest of the fight. I think he's a victim of his on success; if he's not destroying fighters he stats to appear like he's little lost out there.

Comment

• I've been watching boxing for more than 50 years and this is one of the worst decisions I've seen

it'd destroying the sport

Comment

Working...
                      X