Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dmitry Pirog's (The Grandmaster) Defensive Skills!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    All I know;
    "During training for the Golovkin fight, Pirog suffered a serious back injury—a ruptured disc—which forced cancellation of the fight. Several comeback attempts by Pirog have since been thwarted by ongoing back problems, effectively forcing his premature retirement"
    so completely, Thank you for the detailed explanation mate.

Comment

Originally posted by RuslanChagaev View Post
      Yes, he tried to continue his career but the injury was very serious. There was news that he would return to boxing but he denied the news.
      Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      All I know;
      "During training for the Golovkin fight, Pirog suffered a serious back injury—a ruptured disc—which forced cancellation of the fight. Several comeback attempts by Pirog have since been thwarted by ongoing back problems, effectively forcing his premature retirement"
      back injuries are a tricky thing....

even regular back injuries not related to boxing or sports can be quite debilitating.....

how old is he?

sometimes its just a matter of finding the right doctor and treatment type when it comes to back. if he's still young that is....

Comment

Was his back injury muscular or something with his spine? I'm trying to figure out how with today's sports/science he couldn't be treated.

edit: nvm, redd provided explanation

Comment

Watch Great Defense Skills

If this guy had continued his boxing career, could he be a champion today? What do you think about the technical skills of this guy?
          Was a pleasure to watch him while he was here. No wonder his back went out , all that movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
            back injuries are a tricky thing....

even regular back injuries not related to boxing or sports can be quite debilitating.....

how old is he?

sometimes its just a matter of finding the right doctor and treatment type when it comes to back. if he's still young that is....
            He was 32 years old when he was injured. He's 36 now.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
              Was his back injury muscular or something with his spine? I'm trying to figure out how with today's sports/science he couldn't be treated.
              Ruptured disc is a real bytch. I've never talked to anyone who said, "I used to suffer from a ruptured disc". But, I know a number of people, including a couple in my family, who need help sometimes because they had a disc injury years ago.

Comment

Watch Great Defense Skills

If this guy had continued his boxing career, could he be a champion today? What do you think about the technical skills of this guy?

What makes him the grandmaster...A win over a 23 y/o Prospect?

Is that all it takes to impress ya'll??

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                  Was a pleasure to watch him while he was here. No wonder his back went out , all that movement.
                  Please....

He didn't do anything....now he was a pleasure to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

What makes him the grandmaster...A win over a 23 y/o Prospect?

Is that all it takes to impress ya'll??
                    I'm not just saying that. The Grandmaster is his nickname. It is said in the boxing world.

Comment

I'm not just saying that. The Grandmaster is his nickname. It is said in the boxing world.
                      Its Kigali man ,he hate in every thread

Comment

Working...
                      X