Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum 'Very Pleased' With PPV Buys: Why Do We Need HBO PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    We need an independent source to confirm the real numbers. I wouldn't trust what a promoter claims, especially Bob Arum.
    So what are you saying? Which side would you pick, Arum inflating the numbers or the opposite? Which is just as valid to justify the claim that he's screwing Manny. That way Arum won't have to pay any additional cash to Pac's bank account. Which one do you prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      So what are you saying? Which side would you pick, Arum inflating the numbers or the opposite? Which is just as valid to justify the claim that he's screwing Manny. That way Arum won't have to pay any additional cash to Pac's bank account. Which one do you prefer?
      I just want to know what the real numbers are, from an unbiased source.

Comment

Manny is the Cash Cow. We all know this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I just want to know what the real numbers are, from an unbiased source.
          Give me a guess. Do you think he's inflating the numbers or deflating them so he can screw Pac over and doesn't have to pay him anymore? Which one do you prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Not to get off track, but just looking at your sig, Lou -- how the hell did Floyd win that fight? I've seen the fight but it has been years.

But damn...you get outlanded by 46 punches -- most of which were power shots, get doubled up in power punches landed, and land at a lower percentage overall to boot...and still get the W?
            Simple answer: a 10 point must system. Fights are won by rounds not overall output. One guy throw all his punches in 5 rounds and the other in 7 rounds, who you think will win? Hard to imagine that people who say they follow boxing have difficulty understanding this. Well, emotion does get in the way of logic sometimes.

Comment

Fair assessment, without HBO there would be plenty of money to go around for TR and Manny, he would have probably pocketed 10 mil, nice pay day. Great job by Arum going at a PPV alone.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                Fair assessment, without HBO there would be plenty of money to go around for TR and Manny, he would have probably pocketed 10 mil, nice pay day. Great job by Arum going at a PPV alone.
                That's asinine.

HBO takes only 3.75% of the revenues...so getting rid of HBO didn't mean there was "plenty" more money to go around.

Fight did 220,000 buys, by the way. That's the truth.

Comment

So pac without hardly any promotion and facing somebody that no one wanted to see him fight during a random Saturday in November outsold the supposed face of boxing in Canelo who fought on Mexican independence weekend with hbo backing and multi city press conferences. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
                    Right, and Manny's Garantee was 4 million "plus a cut of the PPV" profits, which means, Manny made next to nothing, and will be broke by Christmas. 300,000 buys will net Manny what? We don't even know what his percentage was, but Bob knew damm well this fight would not do 600,000 buys, and Manny actually bought it! it was crazy for him to do an incentive based deal, the only person who made serious money here is the promoter.

It's bad enough that Bob is bleeding Manny dry, but to hoodwink him as well?

I am not even a huge fan of Manny, but that is a travesty.
                    It's on his manager. His manager is supposed to get the best deal possible for him. Koncz is basically a Top Rank employee. I don't think he manages anyone but Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      Simple answer: a 10 point must system. Fights are won by rounds not overall output. One guy throw all his punches in 5 rounds and the other in 7 rounds, who you think will win? Hard to imagine that people who say they follow boxing have difficulty understanding this. Well, emotion does get in the way of logic sometimes.
                      You must've not seen the score board right underneath the punch stats...
                      Glasses aren't that pricey

Comment

Working...
                      X