Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum 'Very Pleased' With PPV Buys: Why Do We Need HBO PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Respect to Arum if he made more bank then usual with this PPV. And I suppose its possible. I mean HBO is surely taking something off the top
    I believe that HBO takes something along the lines of 7% of the gross profit off any fight they air.

Comment

Commentary

Get better commentators I thought the bob Sheridan was going to be the lead announcer.

Comment

I thought Kenny was good actually

Tim was solid too

Stephen A. though gots to go. I mean for f**k's sake the guy is a casual fan at best. If you want a third wheel get someone who actually follows the sport like we do. No bull**** the regulars here on b-scene know more about the sport than that dude.

Comment

300K? Well I guess that means that Canelo is the PPV King of 2016, and probably from here on out, unless Mayweather returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Not to get off track, but just looking at your sig, Lou -- how the hell did Floyd win that fight? I've seen the fight but it has been years.

But damn...you get outlanded by 46 punches -- most of which were power shots, get doubled up in power punches landed, and land at a lower percentage overall to boot...and still get the W?
            You don't win the fight by total punches landed, you win the fight by winning the most rounds, and you win rounds by outlanding the opponent in that round and that round alone, look at the distribution of punches landed per round and you'll see why that decision wasn't so far off, Castillo gave up the first 5 rounds (2nd or 3rd was close, don't remember which one), and took a break in 8,9,10, then came back and closed the show well, that was a razor close fight, doesn't change the fact the Castillo dominated the rounds he won more than Floyd dominated the rounds he won but that's the 10 point must scoring system. All great fighters have had these kinds of close fights, some take the victory and run away with it without clearing things up on who the better fighter is, some get right back in there to prove that they're the best, and we all know what happened in the Mayweather vs Castillo situation.

Comment

How bad was Stephen A Smith? I watched it on boxnation i bet smith was hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
                How bad was Stephen A Smith? I watched it on boxnation i bet smith was hilarious
                (Stephen A Yelling Voice) "He's just coming forward, throwing haymaker after haymaker..."

(Tim Bradley Interrupting) "Cmon Stephen A, hes landing some!!!!!

Comment

It is hard to believe that it sold 300k.

The usual ppl including myself didn't by the card how we usually do and when I tried to see it in a bar nobody was playing it.

Making things worst a lot of ppl didn't even knew that Pac was fighting.

But if it holds true Arum will continue to sell trash main events like that one

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    Didn't he say it had to reach 600k for Pacquiao to get paid well? I guess Pacquiao didn't get paid well.
                    ...or get paid at all.

He didn't see a nickel from the Cotto fight per VisionQuest.

Comment

Rob arum the snake is a self admitted lying fat ass..... We need proof of the numbers because this fight barely sold over 100k according to industry insiders......

Top prank 2 ppv flops back to back hahahahahahah

Comment

Working...
                      X