Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "King Kong" Ortiz vs "King" Malik Scott RbR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame they couldn't have got Price in there. At least he would have had the good grace to have a fight and gets knocked out.

Comment

• I wished i would have took the dog out to do a sh.....it and piss now instead of watching that crapfest.

Comment

• Have to say Ortiz didn't impress me in that outing at all. Obv Scott played a massive part of that pretty much wanting to jump on the floor at any moment. However I cant imagine the other champs are worrying about this dude at all.

Very one paced tonight, he looked slow zero combos. I'd pick Wlad, Haye, Joshua, Fury maybe even Parker above him after that showing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
          when they mentioned about Ortiz remembering watching Ali live. How ****ing old is this dude, he must be well out of his prime. It's like George Foreman's comeback phase.
          Thought that was hilarious. I just turned 40 and I'm way too young to have watched Ali live.
          Wonder if Ortiz's amateur fights are in black and white.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            Hopefully Malik Scott never fights ever again
            I guess ya didn't learn from the Wilder fight dive.

Comment

• It's times like this I wish the rings were smaller.

Comment

• Still, gotta say, 120-105 win is impressive for a guy with an AARP card

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  He shouldn't have either. Not on a guy who is moving away the entire time. People were calling for combos. How? When a guy is moving you can't connect more than a couple punches on a combo and every punch you miss is tiring.

I think we learned nothing from Ortiz in this one.
                  You are right because Malik Scott was essentially being Malik Scott, and Ortiz was being Ortiz. I would have liked to see Ortiz really work Scott's body, but getting a guys body is hard when that person is on the move and Ortiz is not quick on his feet to really trap him. I would still say there were spots where he could have done it.

Yea I wouldn't say anything new was really learned although what Ortiz doesn't do well was pretty apparent, but it is not like that is really new info.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Haye beats Ortiz tomorrow.

AJ will beat this guy too. I've seen AJ in tougher sparring sessions lol

Tyson Fury if in shape and mentally secure beats him easy.

Wlad beats him.

Heck, as abject as I am to hype up Parker but his punch output, size and combinations just beat Ortiz too unless ortiz can land on that china.

I was worried about Ortiz and his punch output for a while, even against TT he got in big shots but hardly threw anything more than a 1-2. Now we see it again.

told you all to be wary of all this "top heavyweight" talk.
                    Where is Planet Oberon? Do the best fighters fight the best there?

Comment

• Deontay Wilder will take care of business.

Comment

Working...
                      X