Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate Joe Calzaghe's opposition with marks out of ten.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Eubank was AGE 30 when he fought Calzaghe.

THAT'S NOT OLD. "OLD" is just an excuse to discredit Calzaghe.

Eubank was very overrated, Calzaghe was simply a much better fighter.
    Yeah old was a bad choice of words. Meant to say something along the lines of battle scarred.

Comment

great thread, but i cba to rate all of them. my ratings look pretty similar to freedoms on first glance but i would give lacy a 9 and eubank an 8.
      Joe is criminally underrated on this forum and in worldwide boxing discussion. He was a true ATG, one of the most gifted fighters ive ever seen. Noone could beat joe and thats why he retired undefeated

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
        Yeah old was a bad choice of words. Meant to say something along the lines of battle scarred.
        He hadn't been in too many wars.

Pacquiao went through many wars in his 20s against Morales, Barrera etc yet was still winning against much bigger men in his 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          He hadn't been in too many wars.

Pacquiao went through many wars in his 20s against Morales, Barrera etc yet was still winning against much bigger men in his 30s.
          That's what made Pacquiao such a legend. He overcame the norm and dominated later on. I'm not saying that Eubanks would've beaten Calzaghe if they were in the same stage but it would've been more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
            Sure he got the bigger fights later in his life but I really like rewatching his fight with Trinidad. He seemed a lot slicker than he did against Calzaghe. Who knows though. Maybe Calzaghe was that good and I'm just talking out my ass.
            You make some valid point but fighting Tito in 160 is not the same as in 147 or 154 ,Tito boxed the best ,in 160 Bhop was not only slick but he bullied Tito ,Sure Joe was much better opponent Then Tito for Bhop It was in 175 right?

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
              You make some valid point but fighting Tito in 160 is not the same as in 147 or 154 ,Tito boxed the best ,in 160 Bhop was not only slick but he bullied Tito ,Sure Joe was much better opponent Then Tito for Bhop It was in 175 right?
              Yeah I see what you mean. I gotta rewatch the Calzaghe fight without that old bias.

Comment

Comment

Most of them are 5-7 range..

Kessler, bika, lacy, hopkins I would all rate 8 or higher

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    Weak all around. Very weak. Calzaghe is a **** fighter
                    damn yiu must think hopkins, kessler and roy jones suck then cause '**** fighter' joe beat them all with ease

Comment

Most 5 or less.

Comment

Working...
                      X