No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: If PPV Does Over 600K Buys, Pacquiao Makes Big Bucks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    so arum inflates and deflates the numbers. damn!
    Yep. Schaefer inflates and inflates. Richard predicted 4 mil in the Mosley/Mayweather. HBO announced 1.3 mil and he wasn't happy. He thought they're cheating him. That's why when he partnered with Showtime and was able to have complete access with the numbers, he was shocked to learn PPV numbers are really not that huge. That's the time when Espinoza started telling the media that he will no longer be announcing PPV results regardless of the numbers.

Comment

This fight won't sell anywhere close to that amount and rightfully so; after that terrible performance versus Mayweather, choosing Vargas as a come-back opponent to set-up a Mayweather rematch is like calling fans fools to their faces. Even if Pacquiao KOs Vargas, it doesn't really mean anything. Not to mention that slowing down punches to try to hit harder actually makes them weaker and leaves you open for counters, anyway. What Pacquiao's missing isn't power, it's output. He needs to attack as viciously (with as many constant combinations) as he used to. While I wouldn't put a Pacquiao KO of Vargas out of the realm of possibility, I don't like what I'm seeing in those training videos. I certainly don't think a Mayweather rematch would be any different.

As to Pacquiao's need for more money, that's ludicrous. No way should he be broke already. The media (like Dan Rafael) can try to make it seem Pacquiao's being generous, but I highly doubt it. More likely, Pacquiao's blowing through the money, just like Mayweather does. It's widely known that Pacquiao has that same habit, so painting this another color doesn't change the facts. If Pacquiao's also donating or purchasing boat motors for fishermen, this is more in line with the typical practice in the Philippines of buying votes/keeping one's constituency favorable.

Pacquiao should be helping his people, but there are ways of doing it that don't result in becoming broke overnight. He could set up businesses for his constituency to work in, for example, and then use profits to further reach of his aid among the population. With as much money and popularity as Pacquiao has over there, the possibilities are endless.

Personally, I don't buy it for a second. He blew his money and wants more; that's all there is to this. It's going to take a lot more than Vargas for that Mayweather rematch to be successful.
      Last edited by SunSpace; 11-05-2016, 09:26 PM.

Comment

This aint making 600K!

Comment

bytch plz bama lsu is on

Comment

This won't make 600k.. Will barely break 400k, maybe lower... This fight had zero hype behind it

Comment

Working...
            X