Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: If PPV Does Over 600K Buys, Pacquiao Makes Big Bucks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Pacquiao vs. Vargas does over 600,000 PPVs, then Kovalev vs. Ward will do less than 300,000 PPVs. One fight is going to suffer, due to the scheduling! HBO has to be real shook right now!

Comment

who wrote this article? stacked the undercard with competitive matchups? the fights are -6000, -7000 and -125 so thats one competitive fight how is that stacked?

and pac didn't show up for the biggest fight of his life? hmmm no more like the pac you wanted didn't show up. the actual pac who showed up somehow managed to land the much cleaner punches against floyd mayweather of all people but that wasn't good enough you wanted crazy aggressive million punches pac and when you didn't get that you ignored the actual boxing match.
      Last edited by daggum; 11-05-2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

This fight shouldn't even be on ppv. I'm a huge Pac fan and I'm not even buying it.

I'm saving my money for kovalev/Ward

Comment

Pac used to make big bucks BEFORE the PPV numbers got counted.

Can't see this fight doing 600k. Its seemed underhyped for a Manny fight to me. Plus who gives a f#ck about Vargas? This fight will surely be one of his worst PPV's since he became a name guy.

Comment

It's not going to and he knows this. Foh.

Comment

Damn what a salty scribe. The only problem PAC has selling fights is his devotion to Top Rank and their in-house greed. Manny still and always will hold the PPV record with his victory over Mayweathwer. Only people disappointed in that fight were racist Afro Americans who just couldn't stand their guy losing.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                No way that this fight does any where near 600k

Seems like Pac is going to get short changed again, Still don't understand how Pac after the Mayweather fight could have any $ problems
                If Pac made $150 mill from the Mayweather fight, you can chop that almost in half due to taxes.

$75 mill - Bob's 27% fee = $56 million

He has to pay for his training camp, including Freddie and his entourage. I don't know how his purse is taxed in the Philippines, but Pacquiao was already in tax troubles both there and here in the U.S.

It can get swallowed up quickly.

Comment

Well if Pac-Bradley could make 500,000 PPV then this can. The third Brad fight did more than Mayweather-Berto

Comment

Pacquiao Bradley III, a fight thats has already been hyped for 2 fights, had a proper TV Network behind, alot of good documentaries, and a good exciting opponent... that fight barely made 400K. I am pretty sure this fight against vargas wont make 250K. Arum will probably come out with some fictional numbers and say it did 400-500K.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                      No way that this fight does any where near 600k

Seems like Pac is going to get short changed again, Still don't understand how Pac after the Mayweather fight could have any $ problems

You caught that too, a year later, and he already needs more money...His career is gonna end badly in the ring, because Arum knows manny needs money, so why not use him and this information. He's using this fight to get manny an easy KO to drum up some action for another crack at Floyd, or use manny fo make crawford a bigger star. BUT DAMN, HE NEEDS MONEY ALREADY? Bob is gonna loan him some money and the only way pac can pay him back is by...fighting whoever Bob tells him. And if he "reportedly needs the money" after 1 year after ALL of the money he made vs Floyd, this money he gets isnt gonna last him long at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X