Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook: "My weight has settled down so I could still make welterweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Lol please.

That's idiotic.
    The truth often seems that way to those that are in denial.

Comment

Bigger names at 47...

Comment

If Brook gets his beating from Spence while Khan gets his beating from Garcia, the 2 can meet up in summer as the battle of the loosers in in a stadium for mega money.

Comment

where is this drained, skeletal and on the cusp of death guy at ?

Comment

Hope he does make it back to 147 because I would prefer to see Spence Jr vs Brook instead of him getting this extension and not fighting Brook next

Comment

Obviously not because of weight drain. Again, he was 4lbs overweight with loads of time to go.

He's most definitely a small MW.
              His face was drawn and he was very dry, he was absolutely tight at the weight. He's also approaching 35.

Carl Froch stayed about 5lbs above super middleweight between fights, that's only 5lbs to lose in total. Yet he would have never been able to make 160.

Weight between fights and weight 2 weeks out from a fight mean nothing, there are a host of variables as to why that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Rofl! no wonder Haye and Brook sell out arenas you Britts are gullible....Both Khan and Brook moved up for the biggest payday they ever got period ; at the same time they avoided each other and get props by dumb mugs like yourself but the best part is that they will fight soon enough and earn another good payday. Now talking about Tyson Fury why do you guys keep ignoring the fact that hes a drugs cheat? the man acknowledge to abusing coke! but some of you twats think he would never stoop so low as to abuse PEDS ......oh wait he did test positive for that too!!! and you talk about Bellew? you still cant see the pattern here M8? some twerp calling out a bigger man to get his ass handed to him for a nice check in a domestic showdown??? and the best part is you and all the Britts are going to big up these clowns that are making you all look stupid!

If your gonna make a point try make it easier to read please that way we can discuss both our point of view and agree im right

Nothing you say anyway will ever excuse charles martin lol case closed

Comment

So all of a sudden a mandatory against a relative unknown supersedes a unification fight?
                  So wen does being a mandatory matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    But I thought he couldn't make 147 anymore so he was forced to go up two divisions to face GGG!!!! The lies, lmao

Brook ballooned up in weight to face Gennady Golovkin at the middleweight limit in September, scaling a massive 176 pounds one month before their fight before eventually losing out via fifth round stoppage in London, suffering a broken eye socket into the bargain.

As a mandatory bout with dangerous American Errol Spence draws near, Brook must decide whether to take on the undefeated and skillful challenger or move up in weight to campaign at super-welterweight.

"My weight has settled down so I could still make welterweight. I've got Spence on the horizon and there's the likes of [WBC champion] Garcia and Amir Khan as well, but I don't know yet," Brook told ESPN.

"The eye socket is healing well, but I still have some stitches in my mouth where they went into my cheek during the operation.

"I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym and seeing what direction I'm heading in next. I need to make sure my eye is 100 percent before I start doing that. I'm looking at getting back in spring next year," he added.

UK rival Khan recently informed WBN he wants Brook to remain at 147 as a super-fight between the pair could only happen at the lower limit. The ex-super-lightweight king is set for a comeback of his own in 2017 and seems open to a meeting should an offer come his way.

Khan was stopped by Canelo Alvarez in six rounds when moving up himself in the spring but admitting to WBN facing the Mexican at 155 was a mistake.

https://goo.gl/60M1Px
                    why are you hating on a welterweight for fighting a feared 160 pounder?

then hate on him for saying he can make 147 and participate in a loaded division?

people hate on boxers for not having AMBITION, for ducking fighters and threatening fights and divisions...

Here you got kell brook who is GOING THE OPPOSITE WAY, WHO IS AMBITIOUS!!!! and going up divisions to fight boxers who are feared and is still interested in staying in his old division where its loaded.....

AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL HATE.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                      why are you hating on a welterweight for fighting a feared 160 pounder?

then hate on him for saying he can make 147 and participate in a loaded division?

people hate on boxers for not having AMBITION, for ducking fighters and threatening fights and divisions...

Here you got kell brook who is GOING THE OPPOSITE WAY, WHO IS AMBITIOUS!!!! and going up divisions to fight boxers who are feared and is still interested in staying in his old division where its loaded.....

AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL HATE.

It wasn't ambition. Ambition would be fighting Vargas to unify in your division. He did it for the money.

Comment

Working...
                      X