Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumours Anthony Joshua recently dropped hard and hurt in sparring by Lawrence Okolie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    @ Price too risky of a fight. That dude got iced by Tony Thompson twice
    That dude also has enough power to put AJ and any other HW to sleep. As others have posted, it's a no win fight for AJ as Price has no real credibility with the general public. If AJ lost to him it would be far worse than Price losing to Thompson.

Comment

Better to learn and get KO'd in sparring then in a fight to be honest. It's sparring it might happen anytime, lose a bit of concentration and you're down or trying to breath from a body shot.

Comment

Originally posted by NorvernRob View Post
        That dude also has enough power to put AJ and any other HW to sleep. As others have posted, it's a no win fight for AJ as Price has no real credibility with the general public. If AJ lost to him it would be far worse than Price losing to Thompson.
        As do a lot of heavyweights. While AJ still has a lot to prove he wouldn't lose to a fighter like Price, he just isn't good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          As do a lot of heavyweights. While AJ still has a lot to prove he wouldn't lose to a fighter like Price, he just isn't good enough.
          Price is a good fighter he just can't take a punch, he was beating Thompson both times before getting caught

Comment

lol, if a sparring partner did this to Joshua, Molina is going to wipe the floor with this guy. I dont see it going passed 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              lol, if a sparring partner did this to Joshua, Molina is going to wipe the floor with this guy. I dont see it going passed 4.
              The sparring partner is a highly regarded Team GB amateur. They are amateurs in name but they are full time and get paid a significant wage from national lottery funding to stay amateur. It is fairly likely that this guy will go on to have a decent career - he is not just some guy. He will be good.

That and it's heavyweights. They all get knocked out. Well, mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by NorvernRob View Post
                I wouldn't normally post rumours, especially about sparring sessions, but I saw this on a FB boxing page earlier and the guy seemed to know plenty of details and claimed to have heard it from two different sources. (A journalist and someone around the GB camp).

Apparently Joshua was recently dropped hard by Team GB's Lawrence Okolie, was hurt and took a while to recover. It was witnessed by Rob McCracken and some of the other GB boxers. The session was shut down and Joshua went home for the day.

This was when the Klitschko fight was falling through and Hearn was looking for another opponent - Sky wanted David Price in an all-British December fight, but after watching AJ get dropped McCracken told Hearn not to put him in with Price as his confidence had taken a hit and Price was far too risky a fight, so Hearn then went and made an offer to Molina and here we are.

Sound legit?
                I dunno about the sparring rumours but it's not true that Pirce was ever taken as serious opponent. AJ wanted the Klit fight this year if it didn't come through, he was always looking to fight a lesser opponent so as not to risk anything for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  I'm just wondering when an interviewer will have the balls to ask him about the Price sparring story now that Price actually confirmed it. Always wanted to see what he would say about it.
                  He'd probably say something about staying humble and spout a cliche.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Dont be deluded and listen to hype this is what sells a fight. Not in 10 Millon years is Joshua losing to a taco fat bellied Mexcian none of them can fight at heayweight as too fat

He lost to pot smoking heavyweight Chris Arreola, even the fat guy with fast hands would beat Molina Andy Ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                      Dont be deluded and listen to hype this is what sells a fight. Not in 10 Millon years is Joshua losing to a taco fat bellied Mexcian none of them can fight at heayweight as too fat

He lost to pot smoking heavyweight Chris Arreola, even the fat guy with fast hands would beat Molina Andy Ruiz
                      Beans and rice >>> Steroids...

Comment

Working...
                      X