Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz VS David Price Targeted For 12/10/16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible fight for Both, more so for Price because his Jaw is on the line. Ortiz in my view would be taking a step backwards and in my view better fights are around the corner. Price has good skill and power but Ortiz has one hell of a chin, skill and big power... no good for Price!

Comment

I like it. Ortiz is staying busy and building up his profile for the British public. If Hearn can develop Ortiz into an attraction on his own, the super fight between him and Joshua will be that much bigger.

Is Ortiz still the WBA interim champ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        I like it. Ortiz is staying busy and building up his profile for the British public. If Hearn can develop Ortiz into an attraction on his own, the super fight between him and Joshua will be that much bigger.

Is Ortiz still the WBA interim champ?
        I'm not sure he did duck his mandatory

Comment

Good stay busy fight for ortiz, but I doubt this goes past 3 rds

Comment

Before the Tony Thompson debacles, I was pretty high on David Price - I'm usually a pretty good scout when it comes to HW fighters but I totally got it wrong with him. He looked impressive when he was beating C level opponents but as soon as the going got tough, he went to pieces.

I really can't imagine a scenario where Price stays competitive with Ortiz, let alone beats him. Ortiz is literally the "HW boogeyman." He's one prospect that I did get right. Ortiz is a mix of solid boxing skills, power, accuracy and size. With Price (and even Scott) I don't see him having any trouble.

Also, I think it's cool that Ortiz has two solid fights setup within a month. It goes to show, how confident Ortiz is of beating Malik Scott and then facing Price a month later.

Comment

Damn..Price would get seriously hurt in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Also, I think it's cool that Ortiz has two solid fights setup within a month. It goes to show, how confident Ortiz is of beating Malik Scott and then facing Price a month later.
                Indeed. The big criticism with Ortiz is age. Taking back to back fights is a very positive step. Really hoping to see him getting a shot with the upper-tier HWs soon.
                Last edited by Redd Foxx; 11-01-2016, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Lol what the hell? These german promoters want to see him die so they can rip up his contact

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    His career has been over for year's, everyone know's he just wants the AJ payday.

It's possible he is totally deluded and has convinced himself he only lost to ' PED cheats' line of narrative

either way, i joke when i say he might die, but im also being half serious, he is going to get seriously hurt.
                    Luckily for him the fight will be in the UK and the reff's usually stop it on the ropes/early.

so he might not die.
                    David Price is the British Duane Bobick. He can't take a punch and doesn't have a clue what to do if he gets stunned. This is such a bad mismatch that the commission shouldn't sanction it.

Comment

David Price is so out of his depth that he may just shock us and put up a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X