Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Darnell Boone drop Kovalev in their first fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Darnell Boone drop Kovalev in their first fight?

I've been told the first fights was tough and competitive but did he also drop Kovalev? I cant find any video of this fight for whatever reason.

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    I've been told the first fights was tough and competitive but did he also drop Kovalev? I cant find any video of this fight for whatever reason.
    4 times according to Boone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      4 times according to Boone.
      Thanks! Do you know how many times Ward been down as a pro?

Comment

Duva used what little power main events has to confiscate every last VHS tape. You can easily find him giving Ward that work, though.

Comment

Boone says 4 but I'm not sure about that. However, you can find reviews of the fight in which reporters state Kovalev was dropped and was lucky to have gotten the decision.

Comment

He got dropped once in round 7.

lmao @ Boone saying he dropped him 4 times. Why lie about **** when people can find out the truth?

Comment

Once in his 7th fight vs Boone.

Kovalev was stopped in the amateurs....in full headgear.

Comment

Once and it was by Boone.... Boones power is real. Dropped Ward, Kovalev and stopped Stevenson, the top 3 LHW's today.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Boone says 4 but I'm not sure about that. However, you can find reviews of the fight in which reporters state Kovalev was dropped and was lucky to have gotten the decision.
                  Boone said some of the KD's were called slips by the ref.

Comment

Relevant quotes;
                    "... Kovalev has tasted the canvas on two separate occasions in the pro ranks, a la Darnell Boone (2010) and Gabriel Campillo (2013)." [Edit; writer confused Campillo with Caparello]

"Russia’s Kovalev (29-0-1, 26 KOs) barely survived to beat Boone by split-decision after getting knocked down in 2010."

Boone himself; "I floored Kovalev 4 times. They took it from me."

"This was a great learning experience for Kovalev, who was sent to canvas for the first time in his career in round seven but stood up to win victory."

I'm not bashing Kovalev at all. I really like him as a fighter. I've just seen guys here swear up and down that Kov never got dropped.
                    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-26-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X