Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pound for pound: Is the ward v kovalev fight being overrated a bit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pound for pound: Is the ward v kovalev fight being overrated a bit?

Are people getting caught up in the hype of the fight and overexaggerating the status of the winner?
    Dont get me wrong both of these guys are top fighters and can see this thread getting a lot of flak. Im a big fan of kovalev too and im certainly not meaning to discredit him. But why is this fight being called 'pound for pound' etc? I must have missed the part where wards been beating top opposition at LHW in the last few years, and even kovalev to some extent hasnt fought amazing fighters, so why are they automatically, without question, seen as p4p number 1?
    Are what these guys doing recently, really much more impressive than what the winner of lomachenko v walters will have achieved in the past few years? A fight which noones mentioning in a p4p sense, and to be honest a fight that noone seems to be mentioning much at all.
    Because if lomachenko wins he will have walters and russell jr on his cv, if walters wins he has lomachenko, a demolition job of donaire, and darchinyan on his resume. Both prospective records are very impressive to me
    Unless its mega one sided in ward/kovalev, i still dont think there is a clear P4P number 1 in the sport at the moment, theres a few arguments to be made for a number of fighters being number 1, i dont think this fight necessarily answers the question definitively. What do people think?

Winner of this fight should be P4P no 1. What is a better win than that at the moment? A Brook win? A Lemieux win?

Wether u like it or not, the winner will be crowned P4Pno . 1

Im far from a GGG hater, but a GGG fan should never talk abt weak opposition, just saying. Even though I know hes being ducked...

Comment

Damn, you are one salty mufka. There's more to boxing than Golovkin. Wish some of you guys cared about that.

Comment

A Golovkin nuthugger saying this fight is overrated is ****ing hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          A Golovkin nuthugger saying this fight is overrated is ****ing hilarious.
          For once, I totally agree with u... Thats some funny ****...

Comment

4 responses, all about golovkin ffs. Did you even read what i put

Comment

Seriously man, you are getting more pathetic day by day..you are obsessed with trying to degrade Ward and this fight..The closer it gets the dumber your posts get, Be a damn boxing fan and be happy a great fight is happening.

Comment

darchinyan???? he has been shot for years now...wtf?

Comment

no, is not overrated at all, they are 2 of the best going at it. but i still believe that they need to do more to dethrone chocolatito from the number 1 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    4 responses, all about golovkin ffs. Did you even read what i put
                    you just tried to say Walters beating ****ing darchinyan meant anything??? really man stay off boxrec

Comment

Working...
                    X