Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pound for pound: Is the ward v kovalev fight being overrated a bit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    tell me about it, the guys done nothing in 5 years and people seem to think he has some entitlement to p4p throne once he beats an elite opponent. As if theres no other boxers presently who have beaten elite opponents this year
    GGG isn't one of them, so what is he doing so high on the list? He's gone 10 years without fighting anyone halfway decent. How so you justify that?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      GGG isn't one of them, so what is he doing so high on the list? He's gone 10 years without fighting anyone halfway decent. How so you justify that?
      im not talking about golovkin. hes top of mine because of how dominant hes been over the years, kovalev is 2nd in mine so anyone who thinks im ****ting on him is way off. I have no problem if people dont rate GGG high in p4p cause he is lacking world class opponents, some people may do their lists based on that. WHat im saying however, is theres plenty of fighters with the two or three great wins in boxing that ward and kovalev have, i dont know why this fight is meant to give us the fighter of the year and number 1 pound for pound, when weve got two fighters who are just as good fighting each other soon too (loma v walters)

Comment

Are people getting caught up in the hype of the fight and overexaggerating the status of the winner?
        Dont get me wrong both of these guys are top fighters and can see this thread getting a lot of flak. Im a big fan of kovalev too and im certainly not meaning to discredit him. But why is this fight being called 'pound for pound' etc? I must have missed the part where wards been beating top opposition at LHW in the last few years, and even kovalev to some extent hasnt fought amazing fighters, so why are they automatically, without question, seen as p4p number 1?
        Are what these guys doing recently, really much more impressive than what the winner of lomachenko v walters will have achieved in the past few years? A fight which noones mentioning in a p4p sense, and to be honest a fight that noone seems to be mentioning much at all.
        Because if lomachenko wins he will have walters and russell jr on his cv, if walters wins he has lomachenko, a demolition job of donaire, and darchinyan on his resume. Both prospective records are very impressive to me
        Unless its mega one sided in ward/kovalev, i still dont think there is a clear P4P number 1 in the sport at the moment, theres a few arguments to be made for a number of fighters being number 1, i dont think this fight necessarily answers the question definitively. What do people think?
        Ward/Kovalev winner and Gonzalez are the only ones that should be considered imo. Loma/Walters winner is certainly going to be banging on the front door for number one, but I could'nt put them above the aforementioned fighters. Problem will be for Kov/Ward is holding on to the spot. So many of the guys that are nipping at their heels have more top quality opposition that they can face.

Comment

It's become quite clear to me...

The GGG haters are the ones keeping this GGG bull**** narrative alive.

Comment

im not talking about golovkin. hes top of mine because of how dominant hes been over the years, kovalev is 2nd in mine so anyone who thinks im ****ting on him is way off. I have no problem if people dont rate GGG high in p4p cause he is lacking world class opponents, some people may do their lists based on that. WHat im saying however, is theres plenty of fighters with the two or three great wins in boxing that ward and kovalev have, i dont know why this fight is meant to give us the fighter of the year and number 1 pound for pound, when weve got two fighters who are just as good fighting each other soon too (loma v walters)
            You have Golovkin #1?

Ward-Kovalev winner will be #1 on any list that matters.

Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 10-26-2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

wow, it's turned into now "Log onto NSB to see which stupid thread Bigshowdrama has created today"

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                kovalev is my number 2 best guy pound for pound. ward is down to about number 7 for me because he has not fought a top 10 guy in many years. I can't rate him in the top 3 based on what he did 5 to 7 years ago. pound for pound is how good a boxer is right now not years ago. If the winner of this fight looks great then i could see a case for him being pound for pound the best. Kovalev is already number 2 for me so any win would keep him at 2 and an impressive win moves him to number 1. Ward could be number 1 with an impressive win but not with a mediocre win. meanwhile if ggg kos the extremely dangerous jacobs in good style he will remain my number 1 pound for pound fighter regardless of how the ward vs kovalev fight goes.
                wtf????????????

Comment

tell me about it, the guys done nothing in 5 years and people seem to think he has some entitlement to p4p throne once he beats an elite opponent. As if theres no other boxers presently who have beaten elite opponents this year
                  GGG has never even fought an elite fighter..but you know that..you just love to troll

Comment

yep, ggg v jacobs is number 1 v number 2 at middleweight but noones demanding that the winner of thats got to be p4p number 1. Ward v kovalev is number 1 v number 2 and everyones saying they are automatically p4p number 1
                    What are GGG's and Jacobs best wins??

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                      wow, it's turned into now "Log onto NSB to see which stupid thread Bigshowdrama has created today"
                      yep, he is going for troll of the year

Comment

Working...
                      X