Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman vs. Danny Garcia Could Air on CBS in Prime Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    Arum made the right fight with Vargas and Pacquiao. And Vargas earned the fight over Crawford. Crawford ****** in his last fight. Fans were booing fight was boring and lacked any excitement. It takes more than just a ***ing "win" to earn a fight.
    Crawford ran all night. Why would Team Pacquiao wanna take a fight with a fighter that will run. You think he will go toe to toe with Manny....*** no. He wouldnt do it with Postal because he wanted to stay away from him jab. Manny has way more in his arsenal than Postal. Now here is where sense is gonna be made...
    Vargas coming up fights have been against undefeated guys with no name. Vargas has pure boxing ability and will be there to brawl if the fight goes that way. I think Vargas is underrated. Do i think he will beat Manny...No. Bradley is no bum. He beat Vargas in a nice Boxing match. Manny makes Bradley look bad. Then a again styles make fights.
    In boxing there is a saying that you are only as good as your last fight. Vargas took a game Ali and merked him. Crawford took a game Postal and looked bad as he so boringly got a decision win. Id say out of the two. Vargas earned it.

and stfu with this Manny fighting Thurman Garcia. You damn good and well Haymon fighters are not gonna fight Arum fighters. Its ****** to believe that would happen.
    First of all, who has Bradley beat @ 147? Second, Arum made an offer to Broner! Why Broner? Why not Thurman or Garcia? Broner didn't even have a belt! If you want to fight a Haymon guy without a belt, why not Errol Spence Jr.? Lastly, i'll let Freddie Roach tell you why Manny didn't choose Crawford:

July 26, 2016:

"It's a very tough match-up, Crawford showed that he can move for twelve rounds, he can run for twelve rounds. But y'know, in-between the running and so forth, when he does land punches he does land really powerful punches. He hurt my guy a lot. I know Postol's got a pretty good chin,"said the noted trainer on Monday morning from the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, California.

"So Crawford's a pretty good puncher, he hits hard and he moves very well and emulates (Floyd) Mayweather quite a bit, I think. I think he's like a young Mayweather, right now."

And with that said, Roach may not want that Crawford fight for 'the Pac Man' just yet.

He admitted - "You know what, with Manny in the senate and I have to go to the Philippines and so forth to train him and with all the confusion going on - I don't think I'm going to accept that fight or want that fight right away. I mean give me one warm-up fight and give me a fight right after that and we can talk."

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-adm...int_friendly=1

So basically Manny ain't ready for Crawford, but he's ready for Vargas! That makes Vargas a "cherry!" He's a hype job! He was picked because he's the weakest link @ 147!

Comment

[QUOTE=jonnyc420;17150270]
      Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      I find it amazing that PBC announces a fight that is better than anything that has or will appear on PPV in all of 2016 and people on this site are *****ing because it is not on free TV.

You should be grateful that you are not being asked to pay $60 to watch the %&#!^* fight![/QUOTE
      Sorry this fight has nothing on Ward vs Kovalev. That puts two top 5 P4P guys against eachother. Danny and Keith are just two top WWs. I don't get some of you people, just want something to b**** about rather than just enjoy boxing wether it's on HBO or a PBC card.]
      I promise Garcia vs. Thurman will be a more exciting and entertaining fight than Kovalev-Ward.

Stylistically, Kovalev-Ward will be a big ZZZZZZZzzzzzz.

Comment

Arum made the right fight with Vargas and Pacquiao. And Vargas earned the fight over Crawford. Crawford ****** in his last fight. Fans were booing fight was boring and lacked any excitement. It takes more than just a ***ing "win" to earn a fight.
        Crawford ran all night. Why would Team Pacquiao wanna take a fight with a fighter that will run. You think he will go toe to toe with Manny....*** no. He wouldnt do it with Postal because he wanted to stay away from him jab. Manny has way more in his arsenal than Postal. Now here is where sense is gonna be made...
        Vargas coming up fights have been against undefeated guys with no name. Vargas has pure boxing ability and will be there to brawl if the fight goes that way. I think Vargas is underrated. Do i think he will beat Manny...No. Bradley is no bum. He beat Vargas in a nice Boxing match. Manny makes Bradley look bad. Then a again styles make fights.
        In boxing there is a saying that you are only as good as your last fight. Vargas took a game Ali and merked him. Crawford took a game Postal and looked bad as he so boringly got a decision win. Id say out of the two. Vargas earned it.

and stfu with this Manny fighting Thurman Garcia. You damn good and well Haymon fighters are not gonna fight Arum fighters. Its ****** to believe that would happen.
        Lol made the right fight cause he's not gonna move much and will be target practice for manny? Great logic. News flash nobody is buying this fight anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          First of all, who has Bradley beat @ 147? Second, Arum made an offer to Broner! Why Broner? Why not Thurman or Garcia? Broner didn't even have a belt! If you want to fight a Haymon guy without a belt, why not Errol Spence Jr.? Lastly, i'll let Freddie Roach tell you why Manny didn't choose Crawford:

July 26, 2016:

"It's a very tough match-up, Crawford showed that he can move for twelve rounds, he can run for twelve rounds. But y'know, in-between the running and so forth, when he does land punches he does land really powerful punches. He hurt my guy a lot. I know Postol's got a pretty good chin,"said the noted trainer on Monday morning from the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, California.

"So Crawford's a pretty good puncher, he hits hard and he moves very well and emulates (Floyd) Mayweather quite a bit, I think. I think he's like a young Mayweather, right now."

And with that said, Roach may not want that Crawford fight for 'the Pac Man' just yet.

He admitted - "You know what, with Manny in the senate and I have to go to the Philippines and so forth to train him and with all the confusion going on - I don't think I'm going to accept that fight or want that fight right away. I mean give me one warm-up fight and give me a fight right after that and we can talk."

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-adm...int_friendly=1

So basically Manny ain't ready for Crawford, but he's ready for Vargas! That makes Vargas a "cherry!" He's a hype job! He was picked because he's the weakest link @ 147!
          jesus...lol Why not Thurman or Garcia? Al Haymon vs Arum...Its not gonna happen. You said it...Well freddie said it...He showed he can run for 12 rounds. lol Thats why hes not fighting Mnany...duuuuuh. So he gave Crawford props for hurting Postal a few times...woo woo woo. Whos Postal? He is not in the same league with Manny lol.
          So Vargas is a Cherry? Im not sure if you have been in the boxing world long enough but ummmm have you ever seen a ***ing upset? Ever? Let me name a few for you since you seem oblivious to common boxing logic. Tyson Douglas. A cherry pick.
          Jones Jr Gleen Johnson. A tune up cherry pick. they are so many more....but you have to know picking a fighter you feel confident you will win can backfire. Vargas isnt a bum fighter. This isnt like a Floyd Berto kinda fight. Vargas is a young hungry dangerous fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            Lol made the right fight cause he's not gonna move much and will be target practice for manny? Great logic. News flash nobody is buying this fight anyway
            Its gonna do 500 million PPV. Fight of the Century.

I can say this. Its gonna be better than Floyd vs Manny

Comment

jesus...lol Why not Thurman or Garcia? Al Haymon vs Arum...Its not gonna happen. You said it...Well freddie said it...He showed he can run for 12 rounds. lol Thats why hes not fighting Mnany...duuuuuh. So he gave Crawford props for hurting Postal a few times...woo woo woo. Whos Postal? He is not in the same league with Manny lol.
              So Vargas is a Cherry? Im not sure if you have been in the boxing world long enough but ummmm have you ever seen a ***ing upset? Ever? Let me name a few for you since you seem oblivious to common boxing logic. Tyson Douglas. A cherry pick.
              Jones Jr Gleen Johnson. A tune up cherry pick. they are so many more....but you have to know picking a fighter you feel confident you will win can backfire. Vargas isnt a bum fighter. This isnt like a Floyd Berto kinda fight. Vargas is a young hungry dangerous fighter.
              It's called an "upset" because the cherry that was picked was supposed to lose. There have been "upsets" but that doesn't excuse the fact that the opponent was "cherry-picked." Pacquiao "cherry-picked" Vargas. Arum tried to make a deal with Haymon for Broner, who last fought @ 140! Haymon has 2 WW title holders, and soon to be 3 with Spence, and a former WW title holder in Porter. Arum calls to choose not Thurman, not Garcia, not Porter, not Spence Jr., but he made an offer to Broner! That's called "cherry-picking!"

Comment

It's called an "upset" because the cherry that was picked was supposed to lose. There have been "upsets" but that doesn't excuse the fact that the opponent was "cherry-picked." Pacquiao "cherry-picked" Vargas. Arum tried to make a deal with Haymon for Broner, who last fought @ 140! Haymon has 2 WW title holders, and soon to be 3 with Spence, and a former WW title holder in Porter. Arum calls to choose not Thurman, not Garcia, not Porter, not Spence Jr., but he made an offer to Broner! That's called "cherry-picking!"
                I agree with Max and Steven A in this...But also....I believe Crawford made a mistake running and putting on a boring show with Postal...who i didnt think had a chance against Crawford.
                Also...Crawford will get beat fight Manny. IMO... But the risk is higher of the ubset over Vargas. With that said...I dont underestimate Vargas at all and i see a good ass fight with these two. There is no Hype with Manny. Hes done to much in Boxing with wins and losses to be a hype job. Up and comers can be hyped easy. Only time will tell. Crawford hasnt done enough to be a Manny Pacquiao or Floyd for that matter. I think Manny beats Crawford badly.
                And Thurman isnt gonna happen. Id love to see it. Id like to see Thruman and Crawford more though...amazing fight. Danny is a ***ing hype job...i dont give a *** what anyone thinks.

Comment

I agree with Max and Steven A in this...But also....I believe Crawford made a mistake running and putting on a boring show with Postal...who i didnt think had a chance against Crawford.
                  Also...Crawford will get beat fight Manny. IMO... But the risk is higher of the ubset over Vargas. With that said...I dont underestimate Vargas at all and i see a good ass fight with these two. There is no Hype with Manny. Hes done to much in Boxing with wins and losses to be a hype job. Up and comers can be hyped easy. Only time will tell. Crawford hasnt done enough to be a Manny Pacquiao or Floyd for that matter. I think Manny beats Crawford badly.
                  And Thurman isnt gonna happen. Id love to see it. Id like to see Thruman and Crawford more though...amazing fight. Danny is a ***ing hype job...i dont give a *** what anyone thinks.
                  Manny is not the hype job, I said Vargas is the hype job! I hope Manny fights the winner of Thurman vs. Garcia, or Crawford, or Spence Jr. next!

Comment

dont be shocked if this fight never happens

Comment

Manny is not the hype job, I said Vargas is the hype job! I hope Manny fights the winner of Thurman vs. Garcia, or Crawford, or Spence Jr. next!
                      I do as well. As long as Garcia dont beat Thurman. I think they are gonna let Crawford get a bigger following become more of a household name to casuals before they fight him. Not that anyone is ducking...They want to make more money. ANd i hear Arum and Haymon have agreed to work together. So that fight may just happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X