Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jrock vs Charlo.. Why isn't anyone talking about this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
    No one is talking about it because JMW is a garbage can division
    There is a lot of talent there....

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Did I say Williams didnt call anyone out? What's his calling anyone out got to do with it?

Please name me 2 world class fighters he has beaten.

You do realise the IBF probably has the worst mandos in boxing fight now? I assume you ranked Brooks mandos too because they fought eliminators too.
      I cant name the fighters he has beaten because no one has gotten in the ring with him. Hes been calling out world class fighters to their face and they havent fought him.

If you are comparing Williams, a highly rated prospect who looks to have world class skills, to someone like Jo Jo Dan then i dont know what to tell you. He is leagues above that type of fighter and he will prove it win or lose vs Charlo

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        I love how you are speaking so confidently about a subject you obviously know nothing about about.

Williams has been chasing the top fighters for years now but has been placed firmly in the 'who needs him' bracket by pretty much everyone. He called Trout out to his face and Trout ducked him when the fight was ready to be made to fight Charlo (on top of that had the audacity to tell Charlo to 'get j rock for me' after the fight like a *****)

While he was waiting for the big name opponent he fought final eliminater after final eliminater to get himself up the ibf rankings and was eventually granted mando status so Charlo could no longer avoid the fight.

No we are here this is no way a one sided beat down to anyone who has watched both guys box or understands boxing. This is one of the best fights between pre prime fighters that could be made in the sport right now and i genuinely cant decide who i think will win
        Well-put. Keep in mind that many here are trying to downplay 154 because they are obsessed with Golovkin and... well, you know how that goes.
        This is an outstanding, competitive fight from what is about to become the hottest division in the sport. We've got two Charlos, Williams, Lara, Andrade, Canelo, Cotto, among others. Will be a joy to see who rises to the top at 154. I just hope we can keep getting fights like this made.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Your a flaming *******ual

I honestly think your just a lame troll and don't even believe what you write,which make you even more pathetic that you write non-sense just to get a reaction from people

This fight is the sh.it, point blank. 2 undefeated prime 154 guys on the come up with the winner serving notices to the rest in the division.They aren't fighting another top 10 -15 guy on the downslope like many in the sport tend to do to build their rep. Anyone critical of or not excited for this fight Is lame especially if your on a boxing forum. This is what the sports about

They could go the Anthony Joshua/Kell Brook route and beat on over matched stiffs for years while creeping up in the rankings by default , or they can slug it out against another prime top notch fighter and see who comes out on top and earns their spot.
          99.9999 percent of people over here in UK wont have heard of either fighter. Doubt there wil be a single news story about it on the general sports sites. Its half decent match up, nothing more than that. IM guessing its bigger in USA cause its a domestic clash. I dont just watch boxing for the sake of it lol, not going to base my whole night around staying up to watch williams v charlo

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            I cant name the fighters he has beaten because no one has gotten in the ring with him. Hes been calling out world class fighters to their face and they havent fought him.

If you are comparing Williams, a highly rated prospect who looks to have world class skills, to someone like Jo Jo Dan then i dont know what to tell you. He is leagues above that type of fighter and he will prove it win or lose vs Charlo
            Lol you can't name a single fighter of note that he's beaten but he supposedly deserves big fights because he called people out.

I reckon I should be king of the world because that's what I want.
            SM

Smh what a load of bollocks

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Lol you can't name a single fighter of note that he's beaten but he supposedly deserves big fights because he called people out.

I reckon I should be king of the world because that's what I want.
              SM

Smh what a load of bollocks
              Hes getting the big fight because he worked hard making his way up the IBF rankings.

He used the IBF because he knew it was the only org where he could guarantee a title shot if he made it to being mandatory.

How can he get a big name win until a big name fights him?

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                No one is talking about it because JMW is a garbage can division
                If JMW is garbarge,then MW is toxic medical waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Well-put. Keep in mind that many here are trying to downplay 154 because they are obsessed with Golovkin and... well, you know how that goes.
                  This is an outstanding, competitive fight from what is about to become the hottest division in the sport. We've got two Charlos, Williams, Lara, Andrade, Canelo, Cotto, among others. Will be a joy to see who rises to the top at 154. I just hope we can keep getting fights like this made.
                  Don't forget Jarret Hurd.

Comment

You have a lot of fan boys that follow only one or two fighters but don't really follow boxing.

That is one of the best matches of the year

Comment

That's one of the very few fights I'm excited about.

Boxing hasn't had much to get excited about in a very long time. But two young lions fighting each other to get to that next level is something to see.

When was the last time we had two young fighters with bright future ahead them fight each other at this stage in there career.

I'll take JRocks philly toughness over the texasan Charlo.

Comment

Working...
                      X